Pressed

Before Colin came out of the bathroom I took off the bodysuit and jeans and just put on one of Colin's t-shirts.

I was halfway asleep when I felt the bed dip beside me. "You wanna tell me what happened when you went home?" Colin asks laying beside me. I was hoping I could fake sleep and he would forget.

Here we go. I sigh and tell him everything that happened making sure I didn't leave out anything. Starting from when I first met Trayson up until now. By the time I was done Colin was pacing back and forth in front of me and he looked super pissed.

"I cannot believe this dude. I could kill him because he put his hands on you and I'm sorry but your momma ain't no better because she can't see that Trayson is trash and you're happy with me. Never mind me, the fact that he used to hit on you and she never noticed. I can't believe you never told her or the police. That's dangerous Shanya. The fact that he said this isn't over? I wish that boy would try me. He's not even a real man. Real men don't hit women. Ever. But this boy feels the need to put his hands on you. He better hope I don't ever come across his ass. I take care of what's mine. I'll be damned if tries to disrespect what belongs to me." Well damn...

Right before Colin started ranting again my phone started to ring. Colin raised his eyebrow at me and I ignore I realize it's my mom calling.

She asks did I make it back safely and that she got a call from someone earlier that wanted to know how I was doing.

"Mom I don't care."

"Why can't you just listen. All he wanted to know was how you were doing and did you come home for Thanksgiving. That boy really missed you. I can't believe you won't give him another chance. Everyone makes mistakes and he learned from his."

Is she stupid or stupid?

I never told her he used to beat on me, all she knows is that he cheated and we broke up.

"I want nothing to do with him. At all." I say getting frustrated.

"But I really liked him. He was good for you..."

I need to get off the phone before I get disrespectful "It's over and done with. I've moved on." I say rolling my eyes.

"I'll drop it. For now. But just know I will talk to you about him eventually."

"Why are you still so pressed about Trayson? I can't stand him and I wish you wouldn't bring him up anymore!"

"Don't you raise your voice at me! I don't care about you being mad. Get the hell over it. I'm just trying to look out for you."

"I appreciate it, but just stop." I say in a dry voice.

Colin looks like he's about to go insane beside me so I quickly say goodbye and hang up.

"I can't believe he put you through this. I'm so sorry sweetheart. I know I can't make you forget all about it but I wanna help you get better. I want to show you what true love is, I will never put my hands on you like he did. You are so strong and I am proud of you because you came this far. I'm glad you trust me enough to tell me this. I love you so much."

I wipe my tears away and Colin pulls me to his chest.

"I love you Colin." I say shyly into his chest. I lightly trace his tattoos and he rubs my back.

"I love you too Shanya, no matter what happened in the past or what could possibly happen. Never forget that."

My heart starts to race because I have a feeling something is going to happen. Something that is going to test us. I just hope I'm prepared for this something...