Part 1

Alex POV

     (I started down to the park, it was a small park, one swing which little kids fought over, a slide, and a jungle gym. I remember when I met Donavan here, we were 7 or 8 and he was sitting on the swing), this was when no one would come to play, I was so excited to see another child, and I'm not that good at hiding any emotion I have which often ends up with me embarrassed or something like that. the kid on the swing noticed me and smiled, "hey!" He called, I looked up at him, he had brown hair, like dirt you would find after it rained or tree bark, and he had emerald green eyes, and freckles lining his nose. My eyes were set downcast, but I smiled.

     The kid leapt from the swing and he trotted over to me, "hi" he held out his had, "I'm Donavan" he said. I took his hand nervously "Alex" I stated, he smiled even wider "nice to meet'cha Alex! Come on I have some I want to show ya" I followed him to a patch of dirt, it looked as if he had dug it up and placed something in there. "I call it my treasure hole!" He said proudly, I smiled "what's in there?" I asked, he smiled again, "treasure" he said in a spooky voice, I giggled,

     "hey you want my number? So we can hang out again, I gotta go soon" I told him, "sure" he took out a small piece of paper and began writing down his number, then handed it to me "protect this!" He said, I looked down to see a small drawing of a dinosaur, I smiled "of course!" Then I ran home. I burst through the door, my mother scolded me "Alexander! You know better then to make a ruckus! Also, were where you? I was starting to get worried!" I sighed "I was at the playground with my new friend! He even gave me his phone number!" I grinned, my mother sighed, then gave me a small smile "well alright, but please tell me before you do that again" I nodded and headed up to my room.

As I walked I went past my brothers room, he was on his Xbox playing some game, he never let me play, I didn't mind though, he was 15 he would get over that stuff later, I giggled as I threw something in there just to make him jump, when he did I ran to my room laughing, (thinking back on it I probably should have been nicer to him, but it was fun)

The next day I was waiting for my bus, and I noticed Donavan again, he had a backpack and was walking towards the bus stop, it was the first day of 2nd grade for me, and I was happy to see at least someone I knew, I waved and he smiled and ran faster to the bus stop, once he got there he smiled "didn't realize you went to this school!" He said breathlessly, "neither did I" I said a smile plastered on my face, I held out one of my eggo waffles "want one?" His eyes lit up "of course! I love those!" He took the waffle eagerly.

     We got on the bus, we decided to sit next to each other, since we really didn't have friends except us, and last year people didn't really like me, although I had no clue how popular Donavan was. We sat chatting the whole bus ride, mostly about stupid stuff.

     I envy my younger self, I was care free and Donavan was still ok. I sigh looking from that park, walking down the sidewalk,