Part 5

(Ah the bus stop, I remember being nervous after my recent heartbreak) I headed towards the bus stop, my heart racing, I didn't know if I could face him. But we went to the same school, with almost the same schedule. I noticed him up the street, I couldn't avoid him, I just went faster, the stop only a block away. "ALEX! WAIT UP!" He called, but I only moved faster. Half a block. Donavan was much faster then me, and quickly caught up. I felt his hands on my shoulders, I froze. He turned me around so I was staring right at him, "what the hell?" He asked, I looked up at his green eyes. "I-I" I couldn't seem to get words out, Donavan's hands loosed on my shoulders.

he sighed. "Is this about Becky? If so I only have to deal with her for a month, you know this." mention of this made me sad, as if I knew i shouldn't like him. We got on the bus, taking the same seats we always do. I turn to him "I'm sorry I ran off, it wasn't your fault." Donavan looked sympathetic, "it's alright Alex, my mother is like this often, honestly I don't think I can last a month with her." he sounded tired, it was true I wasn't feeling my best but Donavan needed me now.

We had almost made it to school when something occurred to me, this was Donavans life, he should have a choice, even if it wasn't me, I turned to him. "then don't" he looked at me puzzled "don't what?" he asked, "don't stay with someone you don't like! Tell your mom that you don't want to this anymore, you should have the freedom to choose!" I said, he sat there pondering what I had said, he finally looked up, "I don't know if I can, my moms really strict, she might take it badly, and Becky is INSANE! she will most definitely not take it well." he looked so worried, I looked him right in those green eyes, "don't stay with someone who hurts you." I said, something flashed through those eyes, and he nodded "yeah your right! but I'll need your help with my mom." I nodded, we decided to go tell her when we got to school.

(I was happy about this not thinking of the future, I just wanted him to be happy. I had no clue about the next events.)