Part 12

(Heh)

I started my job today! Donavan would start his soon, he just needed to finish this last class. I come home from work seeing him on the couch talking softly to our puppy, "what should we name you? It's been three days already, hmm, how bout buttercup?" The puppy's head lifted, and it's tail wagged, "buttercup it is then" he looked up to see me standing there, and looked back at the dog, "I wasn't talking to her, I swear." He said defensively "sure you weren't." I responded, he blushed in embarrassment, I giggled, "so buttercup?" I asked, "yeah, I thought It suit her." He said smiling.

We head into the kitchen to eat dinner, I notice Donavan has been losing weight, he didn't look sick, but that was something that normally happens when you are, I am starting to get worried. I just continued to make dinner, watching Donavan, he wasn't acting any different, just slightly skinnier. I sit here down at the table and we eat. We talked about what we did that day and just normal things like that. I ended up taking the dog for a walk, she was getting big. Even after only three days.

     Me and Donavan sat down to watch the fault in our stars, we normally cry if we watch it. Donavan was holding me tightly, I could tell he was crying, normally movies don't get to him. After it was finished we went to bed, I lay next to him, his breath even, his heart was racing like he was nervous or sick. He pulled me closer, shaking. Whatever had happened today had scared him, it was starting to scare me, it killed me to see him this way. Eventually his heartbeat slowed and he fell asleep, I wished he would tell me what was going on.

(And I did wish he told me, then I wouldn't be rushing to the hospital now to see him, I guess you finally caught up with me)