Part 3

(I was walking past an abandoned building, it used to be a Walmart, if you look close enough you can still see the logo. This brought me back to Donavan's 14th birthday,) we had just gotten off our suspension, (I'm glad it was on a weekend) and I had realized I forgot Donavan's present making a quick trip to Walmart, I had gotten him some eggo waffles because I knew he liked them, I also bought some wrapping paper and a bow, I felt kinda guilty about the present I wish I could give him something better.

     On the way to his house I got suddenly nervous, like someone would jump out taunt me about having these feelings. I couldn't stop them no matter how hard I try, no matter if I wanted to, I was stuck. I got to his door and knocked, his mother answered "oh high Alex! Good to see you, you must be here for Donavan's birthday. Right this way" she turned around leading me farther into her home, it was much fancier then my home, it was a pale white with marble floors, everything looked like something out of a movie. A movie in which I did not belong. Then I saw Donavan, my fear immediately disappeared, I walked over and sat at the table and handed him his present.

     We sat on the couch watching movies and eating the eggos I had brought over, he was warm next to me, I had to stop myself from leaning my head on his shoulder. Something on the screen obviously made me smile because I heard Donavan say "you have a cute smile" I froze for a moment the butterflies in my stomach were going on overdrive before I finally reanimated and stuttered "t-thanks" Donavan turned red, obviously not expecting my answer. I smiled again maybe I wasn't doomed after all.

     (Yes the first sign that Donavan liked me to, but it's not going to happen yet, I'm going to deal with some jealousy.)