Part 9

(Nothing real exciting happened during the next year in Highschool. Just a bunch of kids doing music.ly and that shit, but hey I was excited.)

It was getting close to the end of the year, our graduation in only 2 days! But I could tell Donavan was nervous, I guess because it was a stressful time, moving on to college or something like that, I was just excited to leave and be able to move out (since I'll be 18) I will most definitely let Donavan move in with me, because he is the love of my life. Pretty soon were all cramped into a auditorium with about 100 other kids, the ceremony normally takes 1-2 hours on a good day, or about 3-4 if the students have long ass speeches. I have a short one, only a page.

After about an hour and many speeches it was my turn, I walked nervously up to the microphone, all eyes were on me, I scanned the room till I saw Donavan who nodded and gave me a thumbs up. I took a breath "Hello, I am Alex Rodriguez, I am standing here today because I am finally finishing the required length of school we need to take. 12 years of my life has been spent within walls, but I've learned things, granted somethings I won't remember but the things that stick with me are what are most important. Thank you for teaching me." The auditorium was quiet for a second, I knew my speech wasn't good. But one person started clapping, I knew who it was even before I looked at him, Donavan, eventually everyone joined in, I gave a smile before joining Donavan in the crowd.

Eventually Donavan went up to give his speech, he stood up tall, taking a deep breath he started. "Hello, students of Greding hub high, I am Donavan, I know most of you probably just want to go home but stick around, since I am the last person, now I know a lot of you, some of you because you're bullies, some of you because you're my friends, and some of you I might have bumped into you in the hallway. I will not regret my 12 years spent in school, though I might have groaned when given work or homework, I might have gone to the office for reasons I would prefer to forget." He held up his hand to a scar over his right eye, he got hit with the knife protecting me. He looked back to the crowd continuing "but if we don't have these how will we learn? We learn by trial and error, that is the way, I am confident that we can continue to strive for knowledge and learn how we can be better people." He took a bow and people clapped quietly, none of the speeches warranted more then that.

But just as people were starting to leave Donavan said something that made me melt with joy. "Heya Alex, I have something I want to ask you." I looked up at him, people stopped in there tracks suddenly interested, I looked up on the small stage were Donavan was standing, he gave me a smile, "Alex, will you marry me?" I was shocked, I couldn't move for a second, but then I couldn't control how fast I was moving towards him. I crashed into him, knocking him on the floor, and kissing him, "YES! YES!" I yelled, hugging him tightly. He pulled me to my feet, I heard the crowd whooping and hollering, it was the loudest anyone's gotten them to clap.

(That was the happiest moment in my life)