Part 10

(I walked past a large field, normally they rent it out for big party's or events, I remember that day we used it)

I was nervous, there were A LOT of people, some from school, some from home, and of course my brother. Most of them congratulated me. I walked around the field talking to the guests, eating the food available to me (I couldn't eat the cake yet, mom made an eggo cake.) I continued around the field to find Donavan, I needed some support. I find him talking to someone, she was tall skinny and had chocolate brown hair. I walk up next to him and recognize the person instantly, "Becky?" I ask a bit surprised, she didn't have piercing blue eyes like before, instead a soft brown that made keeping eye contact much easier. Donavan looked at me "yeah, there's a lot of people here, I think I saw Miss. Megee somewhere." He said, I looked back at Becky, she smiled and it looked sincere. "You must be Alex, I recognize you from the hallway when this one broke up with me" she said motioning her head towards Donavan, I nodded "oh I'm sorry for the way I acted by the way, I shouldn't have done that." She said before walking over to a tall boy with jet black hair. I turned to Donavan "who's that?" I asked curiously, he chuckled "that's Ron" I smiled a bit I'm glad she found someone.

    I continued around the field and eventually found Miss. Megee, "hi" I said, she turned to me. "Hi, you must be one of the grooms. I'm Caroline Megee." I smiled "I know you subbed one of our classes in middle school." I responded. She widened her eyes, "oh deary I didn't realize." She said "Middle school" she chuckled. Me and her talked for a while until it was time for the actual marriage to commence. I waited while people took there seats, seeing about 50 people I would have to go infront of and say vows made me nervous. I thought of Donavan and felt better, he was probably feeling as nervous as me.

     My mom stood next to me holding my arm, this would normally be done by my father but he left before I was born, I've never met him. Taking a deep breath me and my mom walked out as the music played, I felt numb, mostly cause of all the eyes, that was until I looked infront of me. Donavan was standing there smiling, his green eyes full of love and excitement, I instantly felt better and couldn't feel any more eyes. Once I got up there the priest started his speech. "We are gathered her today to celebrate the bonding of two souls, Donavan and Alex. They have gone through tough times, happy times and sad times." I looked at Donavan, he looked back giving me that smile, the priest turned to him first, "you may say your vows" Donavan looked me in the eyes "I promise to always care for you, no matter what happens, you need me and I'll be there." He said I tried to hide my blush. The priest turned to me and gave me a nod. "I promise no matter what happens to us, health or ill, I will stand by you, for better or for worse." It was Donavan's turn to hide it, the priest continued, "now do you Donavan Marget take Alex as your husband?" He turned back to me with that smile "I do" the priest nodded, "and do you Alex Rodriguez take Donavan as your husband?" I kept eye contact, "I do" my voice cracked a bit. "You may now kiss the groom!" He said loudly, and me and Donavan kissed, everything was blurring together, all I could feel was him.

The wedding lasted about three more hours, and by the time we got home we were tired. I was heading to bed until I saw a small envelope laying on the counter, I walked over to it and saw it was addressed to Donavan. I walked upstairs, trying to find Donavan, I eventually found him laying in bed, he was still awake. "Hey, I found this, mom must have put it on the counter." He sat up looking at the red envelope in my hand, I walked over and handed it to him, he opened it. It was about 20 seconds later when I noticed him crying, I put my hand on his shoulder, "you ok?" He looked at me "um, yes and no" he said his voice wavering. I took the letter from him, he didn't stop me, Dear Donavan, I think you know I don't approve of your choice in partners, but you are my son, and I will try my best to live with who you choose. I'm not saying you have to move back, but you're welcome to visit. Best wishes, Mom. I finished reading and looked at him, he gave me a small smile, "she'll try" he said.

(It was the best day)