Strange Cardigan

I sighed as Oliver paced my office, growling.

"You need to calm down, I'm sure he didn't mean it"

"The f.uck do you know, Victor! Austin thinks that I'm too close to him!" He roared, slamming his fists down on my desk.

I nodded before gesturing him to sit down in the chair.

He plopped himself down in a huff before staring at me.

"You know, most people here are afraid of me, but you're not." He said, his voice still heavy.

"Why do you think that?" I asked causing him to raise his eyebrows.

"Why do I think they're afraid of me? Or why do I know you're not?" He asked and I shrugged before replying.

"Why not both."

He leaned back in his chair and looked up at the ceiling.

"Well Yaknow I'm an unpredictable Sociopath." He said, using his fingers for emphasis before looking back to me.

"They always make sure to stay at least three steps away from me at all times, they never try to calm me or talk to me. No one except you and Kellin."

I just nodded and he sighed.

"Why did he have to put me in solitary!" He shouted before grabbing my cup full of pens and throwing them across the room.

He went to grab my coffee but I grabbed his wrist, stopping him.

" He thinks that you need to be able to control yourself without help from Kellin, so maybe you should at least try. Alright?" I said quickly causing him to look me in the eye.

"Are you challenging me?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"No, Oliver I'm trying to help you out here. I understand what it's like to be locked in a f.ucking room, where the only thing to keep you company is white walls."

He looked down at his lap, and I released him from my grip.

" I can't fix what's inside of my head." He said softly.

I watched as he rested his head against his hands, his hair falling in his face.

He looked vulnerable. This was the most lost that I have ever seen him in the two months of being here.

"You don't have to, the best advice I can give you is to at least act the part until you can balance yourself." I said causing him to look up at me confused.

"What? You're not used to being told to lie about your mental state? You should be used to it, Mr. Sociopath." I said causing him to laugh.

"You wouldn't know the f.ucking half of it, mate."

" of course I wouldn't, I don't know what's going on inside you're head. I'm not you, but I'm always here to listen and try to help." I replied and he nodded.

He looked up at me and stared as if he were trying to decipher my thoughts.

"You're more unpredictable than me. I was expecting the same therapist bull on repeat from you, but you're different."

"Yeah, I know. Always have been."

He smiled at me before looking down at his file.

"I didn't stab him, you know, Josh." He said softly and I raised my eyebrow.

" Valentino was sleepwalking and came into our room just when Josh came out of the washroom. He bumped into him and started to go berserk." He paused, looking up at me.