Changes

An: first time drawing in ink and I am very heavy handed so it's awkward. Then again all my drawings are weird so idc.
.
.
.
I came into work today to see Austin carrying a crate full of his stuff.

He looked at me and scoffed.

"I'm getting transfered to the children's unit, looks like you're finally getting what you wanted." He whispered harshly causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"You were the one who said you wanted transfered."

He just mumbled under his breath before bumping into me as he passed, almost knocking me over.

"Aussy?" I watched him turn back towards me, his eyes going wide as he did.

Alan.

"Aussy, where you gon?" The ginger boy asked, the noise of the rubber from his footie pajamas because louder as he scuttled his feet closer.

"Uh, I'm going to be over with the children for awhile 'lan." He replied quickly, I turned to see his eyes start to water.

Oh no.

"You is leaving me?" He whined loudly.

Austin sat his box down before walking over to him and pulling him into a hug.

"No, AL, I'll come visit and when I'm not here Vic will keep an eye on you. Right, Vic?" Austin asked turning towards me and I nodded before choking out a reply.

"Uh-yeah, Alan. I'll be here."

"Vic!" I turned quickly to see Gerard jogging down the hallway.

"Gee!" I yelled back as they stopped in front of me causing him to jump and roll their eyes before slapping my shoulder.

"Douche, anyways we have a new patient."

I sighed, bringing my hand to my forehead.

"What, what's wrong with having a new patient?" They asked and I looked up at him.

"Alex is going to be very hard to deal with now." I mumbled.

"Oh, yeah Alex doesn't do well with change."

As if on que, the day room doors flew open and the caramel haired boy stomped out, tugging at his hair.

I quickly jogged down the hallway to cut him off.

"Vic! There's a stranger sitting in Kellin's chair!" He exclaimed, letting go of his hair and pointing through the glass towards a very scared looking, brown but pale, boy with barely shoulder length curly hair.

"Alex it's okay, he's here for help. Just like you." I said softly and he paused before nodding slowly.

"Good luck!" Austin yelled and I turned from Alex just to flip him off.

"Is Austin leaving?" He whispered in my ear before turned back around.

"Yeah."

"Good."

"That doesn't bother you?"

"I never liked him." Alex mumbled before pulling hand sanitizer out of his pocket and holding it up expectantly.

I rolled my eyes before putting out my hand and letting him squirt a glob of it in my hand.

There was an incident that happened about a week and a half ago., in which he touched someone's poop on the bathroom door handle and he's been a germ-aphobe ever since.

I rubbed it in, he smiled before grabbing my hand and walking us into the day room.

"Hey guys, we have to talk."