Blame

Blame

     Jade woke up in the morning with a pounding in her head and a dry mouth. Her arm felt numb from sleeping on it and when tried to move it felt sore, causing her to fall back on the bed groaning.

     She hears a light laugh and peeks her eyes open to see Perrie coming towards her with a glass of water. "Morning, Jade." She takes a seat next to Jade's legs and holds out the glass and aspirin.

     Jade frowns and slowly forces herself to sit up, taking the pill and swallowing it, chugging the water to soothe her throat. "What happened last night?"

     "You and and Leigh snuck off to party. I don't know the specific details, but Leigh said you two were involved in some drinking game."

     At Perrie's words Jade gets flashes of them downing shots with an unfamiliar boy and Leigh-Anne jumping up when she won. She groans and rests her head on Perrie's shoulder. "I hate hangovers."

     "That's why I don't drink." Perrie teases.

     Jade glares up at the girl and opens her mouth to comeback with a snarky reply but an unsettling feeling in her stomach causes her to shut her mouth and run into the bathroom, kneeling over the toilet.

     Perrie quickly follows Jade to the bathroom and pulls her hair back, softly rubbing her back comfortingly.

     When Jade finishes and feels her breathing become slightly steady, she frowns at Perrie. "I think you should've waited to give me the aspirin."

     Perrie lightly chuckles and nods. "Yeah, that was kinda a waste."

     The feeling soon returns and Jade leans over the toilet again.

***

     When Jade's stomach was calm and she washed her mouth out she got in the shower and cleaned up, smelling alcohol on her clothes and body because she didn't change or shower when she got back to the hotel.

     She changed into some skinny jeans and a sweater then left the bathroom where she saw Jesy and Leigh-Anne sitting on the bed with books on their laps. "What are you two doing?" Jade asks curiously.

     "Writing for the album." Leigh-Anne mumbles, only having a slight headache.

     "We really need to finish the other songs, our producers are really angry that we only have four finished." Jesy states.

     Jade frowns at the band's lack of inspiration and nods. She goes over to her desk and grabs her brown song book then makes her way to sit in front of the other two.

     Curious about the whole story, Jade cocks her head and looks at Leigh-Anne. "Leigh, what exactly happened last night? I can hardly remember a thing."

     "That's probably because of how much you drank." She chuckles. "When we got to the club we went straight to the bar and once we had a few drinks we went to dance with some boys and each other for a few hours. Then we went back to the bar and a boy challenged us to a drinking game, which we immediately accepted. I won." She smirks. "And then you challenged him to see second best. You snuck off and I found you snogging him so I pulled you away and we left."

     Jade widens her eyes and stares at her in shock. "I snogged someone?!"

     Jesy laughs loudly at the story. "You really are a little minx, aren't you? Running around kissing random boys."

     Jade frowns and smacks Jesy's knee. "I told you not to let me do anything stupid."

     "Don't blame me, I looked away just for a moment and then you were gone. I can't keep an eye on you every second of four hours." Leigh-Anne defends. "Then you went on to compliment how great of a kisser he is."