Nightmare

Nightmare

     It's been more than an hour since Sam and Jordan left, yet Jade still felt anxious. She knew that if she ever saw Sam again she wouldn't exactly be the happiest person, but she never realized just how much pain she would feel. Seeing him again caused that entire morning to repeat in her mind; hearing the boys laugh about how Sam would hurt her.

     And they were right, Jade had been hurt in ways she didn't know possible. She believed the worst day of her life would always be when her ex cheated on her, but Sam topped that. At least her ex actually fancied her for a time.

     She looked up at Leigh-Anne and Jesy, who were working on Jade's song to change and edit some lyrics, and bit her lip. After Sam left she immediately changed her mind about releasing the song, but they tried to talk her into it again by showing her their revision.

     Jade sunk into couch and laid her head on the armrest, slowly closing her eyes.

~Flashback~

     Jade had been running for nearly thirty minutes by the time she reached Leigh-Anne's and Jesy's flat. She was hoping that they were already back so she could get some comfort from two people she knew loved her.

     After ringing the doorbell repeatedly, it opened to Leigh-Anne and Harvey. At the sight of Jade, Leigh-Anne widened her eyes and looked at the girl worried. "What's wrong? Are you alright?"

     Jade shakes her head and the tears continue falling. "Sam... He- he doesn't love me." She cries. "He hates me. He's always hated me."

     Confused by Jade's words, Leigh sets Harvey down and takes her arm as she gently pulls her inside. "What are you talking about?"

     "I-I was j-just a bet." Jade sniffles and rubs her eyes. "Sam was forced to date me by the rest of Diversity."

     Leigh-Anne furrows her eyebrows and looks down at her with more confused. "Where did you get that thought?"

     "It's not a thought, it's true. He told me." Jade buries her face in Leigh-Anne's shoulder as she looks for comfort. "Sam just wanted to hurt me."

     "Are you sure you heard him right?" Leigh-Anne asks with wide eyes, unable to believe what she's being told. "Sam loves you."

     Jade shakes her head. "He lied. It was all an act." She cries. Jade slowly pulls back and sadly looks into Leigh-Anne's eyes, depressed and scared of everything. "You love me, yeah? You're not just pretending because you wanted to win?"

     "What?!" Leigh-Anne questions. "Jade, of course I love you, you're my sister now."

     "But how can I believe that?" She cries. "Sam told me he loved me and it turned out to be a lie. How can I trust anyone?"

     Leigh-Anne frowns and softly rubs her arms. "Jade, you're my best friend. If I didn't like you, you would know. Besides, I'm not even a good liar. Sam may have lied, but I never will."

     Leigh-Anne softly kisses Jade's temple and pulls her into the living room where Jesy is watching a rerun of The Only Way Is Essex and eating biscuits. Jade frowns at the fact Jesy was also dating a member of the dance group and worries that Sam may have used Jade to get Jesy close to Jordan so he could do the same to her.

      Jesy glances up and lightly smiles at Jade before seeing her tear-stained face. "Hey Poopey, you alright?" She glances down at her biscuits and holds them out to her but Jade shakes her head, not in the mood for one of the only things that could put a smile on her face. "Don't want biscuits? Something must be really bugging you." Jesy mumbles.