Chapter 1 // Tyler

The world around me keeps spinning around and dragging me with it.

I have to be honest: I feel more or less alive and well, even though I still have some nauseas and many, many questions. I'm finally capable of hearing what everyone else is saying, and I'm not happy with the information I have gotten so far.

The blond lady came running later into my room and smiled - a sad smile, I guess - after Josh had left. She blinked so fast I was afraid her eyes would fall out.

"You were talking to him!" She had said with excitement. "You-"

"Jenna, leave him alone." An older guy joined her. I don't remember seeing him before. "You're going to exhaust him."

I'm already way too exhausted, but thank you very much, random guy.

My eyes seem to be getting better too, because I have analyzed two or three times the place I'm in. It's more or less like a room with very irritating beeps and other things I don't really understand. Behind the guy and the woman - Jenna, I guess - there's an open door, and there I saw Josh lean against a wall, cover his face with his hands, and start crying (oh wow, another one who's crying, and I still CAN'T do it). Another person came to his side and placed his hand on his shoulder, but Josh kept crying and I rolled my eyes away. Too much drama for today.

And it still won't end.

I have kept count of how many people have came into the room, and so far 15 human beings have seen me, asked me a few questions, squeaked with excitement and had carefully sat down on the bed I was laying on for some reason. How much time had passed since I opened my eyes? I don't know. Maybe hours, maybe days, maybe a damn year.

Also, yes, I have valuables sources that prove that my name is Tyler Johnson. I know this because once again everyone has repeated it as if that word held the most valuable thing for all of them. Most of these people are young women wearing light white and blue clothing asking me if I'm okay or if I need something. I swear I'm going to throw up if they keep asking me these questions.

Finally, after I thought this nightmare would never end, the same man and woman that repeated the word "son" appear at the door. Behind them, I see three figure: two of them are men and the other one is a girl. 

"Son." The man says. "Tyler... how do you feel?"

Oh, here we go again. 

"I don't know." I say. I force those words out because I'm too tired to keep answering questions. I can't believe my voice is so raspy, it sounds strange to my ears.

The woman smiles. "Do you remember us? We visited you later."

I shake my head. Is not like I care. I mean I want to know who you are but you're annoying just like everyone else.

Both of them look at each other. "We are your parents." The man says. "And we brought your siblings too."

He points at the trio at the door and they all smile. I SWEAR if they ask me how I'm feeling I'm going to scream.

"We couldn't visit you sooner because the doctor couldn't let us." The girl says. She sounds sad but hopeful, just like Josh.

I think it's the right time to change the subject. No more dumb questions.

"Where's Josh?" I say, biting my tongue a little.

They stare at me in awe. "Who?" Someone says but I don't pay attention who.

I press my forearm to my eyes. "You know, Josh. Floppy hair, very depressive. He was here just a moment ago."

One of my "siblings" snorts so hard we all jump. "He came here three hours ago. He's gone now."