Chapter 8 // Shared POV

Tyler

I slowly open my eyes, feeling disoriented. 

For a moment, I can't recognize where I am. But when my eyes began to adjust to the images around me I understand I'm home. I'm safe. I'm inside my room, in my bed, waking up after a long sleep.

But something is missing. I can't feel Jenna by my side and I began to panic out of nowhere.

"It's ok, Tyler." I hear a voice. "I'm over here."

I shake my head and spot Jenna leaning over me. He blond hair - beautiful as ever - falls on her bloodshot eyes and for an instant I have trouble recognizing her. But when I finally do my soul fills with so much happiness I have to fight the urge to smile.

"Jenna." I whisper and hear an sneeze behind her. I spot a single figure in the back of the room that I recognize as my brother Zack. I also spot my mom and dad in one corner of the room. "Jenna, what-"

"Shh." She puts a finger over my lips. "No. Don't ask any questions. You're still too weak to understand."

I nod, and realize I'm on the verge of tears. Jenna sits down, lets out a long sigh and then glances at my family. The three of them smile and wave at me. I wave back, without questioning.

"Are you feeling alright?" Jenna asks. "Do you have any headaches? Any urge to vomit?"

"No, I guess." I whisper. "Actually, I'm feeling as thin as air."

"Good." Jenna says, so bittersweet my heart skips a beat. "Guys, let me stay with him for a while. I don't want to overwhelm him more than he already is."

I understand she's talking to my family and when they began to leave the room I smirk to myself. When the door is finally closed, Jenna lets out a cry I notice she's been holding on for a long time now. I feel so bad, I want to hug her.

"The doctor said this could happen." She says between sobs. "I didn't mind. I still let you listen to that conversation. I'm so so sorry, Tyler."

Oh, that conversation. Shit, I remember everything now.

"It's not your fault." I say. "I was the one who felt curious about it. But what happened exactly?"

"You had a panic attack, silly." Now she's angry. "The tour bus must have made you remember something. The honk, oh Jesus! It was the honk!"

I don't remember exactly what I remembered but it maybe she's right. I mean, I don't understand why a honk triggered me but if I stop and think about it I can feel the horrible shriek inside my mind over the static that covers it.

"I have trouble picturing you." Jenna confesses. "I have trouble imagining you inside that taxi. Maybe you honked so someone who could save you, who knows. You must have been so scared. I'm not capable of imagining that."

"What are you talking about?" I laugh, feeling tired. 

"NOTHING!" Jenna screams to herself. "I need to stop talking. I'm sorry."

I shut my mouth and lean over the pillow. Jenna does the same with the other pillow and carefully grabs my hand. Her touch feels so good. The image of her bright face suddenly appears on my mind's eye and I smile to myself.

"I should probably shoo you family away." Jenna says, calming herself down. "I should call Josh and let you relax a little. You must feel horrible."

I love how she assumes Josh will calm me down. I don't know if he will, but I'm 100% sure she's the one I want to see right now.

"Do you remember our weeding day, Jenna?" I ask her. "Do you remember how you felt that? Well, because right now I feel exactly the same way when I looked at you that day." I smile at my own cockiness. "I feel tranquil."