Chapter 6 // Josh

"Remind me why this is happening."

I look up and find Jenna in front of me, with a glass of water in her hand. She hands me the water and sits down next to me, in the big sofa of the living room. We both look at each other without saying a word until I clear my throat with a small cough.

"Tyler had a memory of the band." I say and drink from the cup. "Is that a good sign?"

"Of course!" She says but her excitement feels more like she's freaking out. "That means he's slowly recovering his memory. Why didn't you tell me anything?"

I shrug. "I thought you already knew, since he only trust you."

"I had no idea." Jenna crosses her hands over her chest and her blonde hair catches a flicker of light coming from the window. "But why did you had to spoil things up?"

"It wasn't my fault."

"Oh, now you're defending yourself when two weeks ago you were a depressed bag of guilt?"

"Tyler already told us, Jenna." I'm not in the mood for fighting. "He wants to know more. We can't lock him up inside a bubble forever; or until he recovers all his memories. He needs our help, and I can help him with that."

Jenna doesn't say anything. She puts her hands on her knees and sighs.

"But why you?" She finally says. "Why couldn't it be me?"

"I don't know." I take another sip of water. "I wasn't ready for this."

"Me neither." She giggles. "Is like taking care of a child."

I giggle too, even though that wasn't funny. Jenna and I get along very well, and I missed those days were we would just giggles at things without a context in particular. Those were good days, and I'm glad I can have them back if I make a change.

"So, Josh." Jenna elbows me. "Why did you really came here last night?"

I giggle, a little nervous now. "I needed somewhere to stay."

"We both know that's not the reason." She keeps that silly tone in her voice but I can tell she's trying really hard not to be angry. "Did you came here for Tyler? To see if he recognized you?"

Honestly, I have no idea why I came last night. I had a lot of things planned out and I was expecting a different answer from Tyler, more like a "Oh, hey Josh, I think I recognize you now". But that never happened and I ended up feeling worse than when I came in.

"I guess." I feel rather embarrassed now. "I needed to see him. You guys wanted to keep us apart and that was killing me."

"Sorry for that." Jenna says. "Those were his family's orders. They knew you could confuse him, and they don't longer trust you a 100%, so..." She shrugs and bites her lip.

I nod. Jeez, I'm the one who's confused now. I look at the stairs, impatient, and sigh.

"What is he doing upstairs?" I ask Jenna without looking at her.

"He's taking a bath." She says and yawns.

"But he's taking a lot of time there." I leave the cup in the floor and stand up. "At this pace I can take my drums somewhere else."

Jenna looks at me, awestruck. "It's okay. You can leave them here. I'm not really mad about it."

I start pacing around, not really paying attention to Jenna. I gave Tyler my phone so he could look at pics of concerts and the band (it was HIS idea, not MINE), but right now I feel that constant anxiety of not having something in my pocket, so I put my hands inside them.