Chapter 18 // Josh

Everything happens so fast.

One second I feel like I'm drowning, and the other I feel like I'm floating. I'm trapped in a strange limbo that I can't seem to understand because I feel pain in my head, in my back, in my arms. Pain everywhere.

The darkness around me is so crushing I feel the urge to scream, but my voice is non-existent in this dimension. However, my ear seems to work, because I get to hear voices everywhere; voices that fade away at times. The moment they disappear I find myself losing consciousness again; being alone again.

And I can't handle it any longer.

~

"Josh! Oh no, no! Oh SHIT! I'm sorry!"

"Are you guys alright!?"

"No! He's badly hurt."

"Should I call an ambulance? What do I do!? I didn't mean to crash him."

"Yes, yes, call an ambulance. Go!"

"Wait... you seem familiar. Aren't you those 22 pilots guys?"

"Are you seriously asking me this?"

"Dude, of course! I don't want to live with the fact that I ran over a celebrity."

"We are not celebrities! And you don't have to live with that fact. Let's do this: call an ambulance, help me carry him away from the public eye and I will send you a copy of our last album if you promise not to say anything."

"No thanks dude. I promise I won't say a thing, but don't send me that copy. No offence, but you guys kinda suc-"

"CALL THE AMBULANCE, DAMMIT!"

~

"Tyler! Are you alright?"

"Oh, Jenna. What are you doing here?"

"We got worried when we couldn't find you both anywhere! I heard an ambulance and I ran over here because I was scared something happened to you. Where's Josh?"

"It's my fault, Jenna."

"What are you talking abo-? Oh. Oh no. Josh! What happened to him?"

"He saved my life."

"WHAT!?"

"A car was going to ran over me so he pushed me and now he is..."

"Aw, Tyler, come here. Stop crying. It's not your fault. When did this happen?"

"I don't know. I already lost track of time."

"It's ok. The ambulance is here. He's gonna be alright, I promise."

"No, you don't understand. Nothing is alright."

"Then tell me everything. I need to know what happened."

~