My Masked Date

I sat on the couch and waited for my date to arrive.

Tonight is our prom night and all the students would come there wearing their favorite superhero costumes. Yes, you might think that it's a little weird for us to wear superhero costumes in our prom instead of huge and sparkly gowns for the girls and tuxedo and black shoes for the boys, but today is also Halloween so that explains the superhero costumes. And since nobody wanted to be remembered as a scarecrow or a 'wannabe' ghost today, they decided to let us wear superhero costumes instead.

And that explains why I'm wearing this short red skirt and a white crop top with a letter S logo print on it. And if you still haven't guessed it, I'm wearing a Supergirl costume. Since I'm naturally blonde, I don't have to wear a wig. I just added a cape and some blue and red boots to partner with my outfit.

I've been sitting here for almost half an hour now but my date still hasn't arrived. He told me he'll come and pick me up before seven but it's already seven thirty. I kept checking on my phone every five minutes to see if I have any messages from him but I didn't even received one.

I sighed out of frustration and just texted him, telling him I went there all by myself and I'll just wait for him there.

After ten minutes of walking, I arrived at the venue of the party. The music was loud, different superheroes are outside and the lights were bright enough to light the way in and out of this huge building. I greeted some familiar faces on my way inside. I searched around the place to look for my date but I don't see any Superman walking around the place.

Yes, we talked about our costumes a week before the party and made sure that our costumes would be partners. And in the end we ended up with the Superman and Supergirl costumes.

I roamed my eyes around, looking for him but I didn't even caught a glimpse of a red cape similar to mine. Where is he?

I texted him again, worried that he wouldn't show up and ditch me. That's the last thing I wanted to happen tonight. After sending him a text, I roamed my eyes around again and this time I found my friends all huddled up on the corner. I walked to them and they all greeted me.

"Hey Supergirl, you look good." Louis said before giving me a quick hug.

"Thanks Spidey," We chuckled when I went along with the new nickname he gave me. "Where's Haz?"

"He went to get us some drinks." He said. "Where's Superman?"

I shrugged. I have no idea where he is but I'm definitely kicking him in the balls if he won't show up.

"Well, he better get here now or else you wouldn't have a partner during the first dance." Louis said and patted my head before disappearing.

I sighed. It would be embarassing for me if I would get ditched by my date, especially when I turned down almost all of the boys' offer here just to be his date.

"Hey Pez," It was Jesy. She sat on the spare chair next to mine. "Where's Alex?"

"I don't know, Jes." I looked down. "I have a feeling that he won't come. He still haven't called me nor texted me. He was supposed to pick me up but I got tired of waiting and just went here alone. I have no idea where he could be and I'm worried that if he won't come, I won't have a date nor a partner for the first dance."

Jesy rubbed my back and told me that he'll come, maybe he's just messing with me then surprise me later. And that kind of gave me some hope that he'll be here soon. Maybe Jesy's right.

And so, I decided to just drink a couple of wine as I waited for him.

Two drinks later, he still haven't arrived.