Blank

Your eyes. They were brown and sparkling when we met each other's gaze. Right there and then, I knew.

We don't know each other. We aren't friends either but I want to, for some reason, I want to be your friend.

"Jade," Our History teacher called out your name when it was your turn to shout out your score so he could record it. High. Your score was high. Higher than mine. High. You were so high and I knew it from the start, you were so high and I couldn't reach you.

But you went down. You're the one that adjusted, you were the one who aproached me first and introduced yourself. You went down to the level I was in.

I went home that day with an unexplainable smile on my face. I was so happy, I don't know why. Maybe because you talked to me and I finally knew your name.

Jade Amelia Thirlwall.

"Jade," is what I always say whenever I see you pass by.

"Jade," it's what I tell our other classmates since they don't know your name.

"Jade," is the only word I could say over and over again and never get tired of hearing it.

***

My eyes are always fixed on you. Silently, I watch you, call it creepy, but I do.

Every time our seating arrangement changes, I always wish that I'll sit beside you. That our professor would assign you to be my seat mate. That destiny would make my dream come true.

But as if the gods above were all against me, my fantasy never came true. The dream I had never happened in real life. So I'm stuck here staring at you.

That's why my eyes always follow you.

They follow you because I want to know where your seat is, I want to know who was lucky enough to have the honors to sit beside you.

I did that for almost a month. I always do everything just to simply stare at you. There were even times that I don't listen to what our History teacher was saying because I was busy staring at you. My focus were all on you.

It was the third month of the school year when our paths have finally crossed. We ended up being in the same group in one of Mr. Cowell's classes. We both have no one to talk to that time. Everyone was getting to know each other but us. We were both silent at first, both too shy to start a conversation. I tried to think of a conversation starter, something that you'd be interested in so I'd get to hear your lovely voice but failed.

But I didn't lose hope. So instead of personally talking to you, I started to talk to everyone in our group, asked them a bunch of questions and it seemed to interest you. At first, you were just listening to the conversation and soon after, I found myself talking to you. We talked about random stuff and laughed together, as if there's nobody else around us.

They asked our opinion for the performance we were supposed to do and they also asked our suggestions. I suggested that we do something that I'm good at, my talent—singing. You guys asked me to do a sample but I refused. Why? Because I was nervous and shy to perform in front of you.

I'm a confident person, people tell me that. But when you're around, I suddenly forget that I'm in possession of this huge amount of confidence. I forget that there's something I'm actually good at.

Its like suddenly, you became my weakness.

***

Saturday approached us rather quickly. We have scheduled to meet up that day. Our group wanted to talk about the upcoming performance. The rain was pouring that day, hard. But I still came, exepecting that you'll be there.