Chapter 4

Andre POV

"Yeah I'm heading out now." I said to Ja on the phone as I grabbed my keys. I hung up the phone and opened the door, surprised to see my mom standing there. She came in yesterday but I purposely ignored her.

"Hey baby boy. I came to speak with you and your father. Perfect timing I see." She said, glancing at the keys in my hand. 

"Can we do this later mom?" I asked with a heavy sigh.

"I came for a reason Andre, so whatever you have to go do can wait until we're finished here." She said. All she's gonna do is bitch at pops about his parenting skills.

"Andre!" My dad yelled. He appeared but was texting on his phone. He finally looked up then frowned at the sight of my mom. "Where you about to go? Your trainer called me." He said.

"I'm about to go meet up with Ja to ball at the community center. Then I'm going to my meeting with my trainer, and then workouts." I gave him the run down of my plans.

"Aight, don't be late to those things and make sure you come home right after." He said. I nodded and shrugged.

"I know that you see me standing here Tyrese." My mom spoke.

"I saw you, I ain't blind dummy."

"Well you could've spoke. And I'm here so that we can talk about how we parent Andre moving forward." She said. I'm gonna be grown soon, we don't have to be doing this.

"Aight we can talk while he's out doing what he got to do." My dad said.

"No, he has to be here for the discussion. Why do you just let him out whenever and do whatever." She shook her head.

"Bitch, if you paid attention he's about to go workout and meet with people who are helping him earn the recognition he's getting from D1 athletic schools for football. Don't question me about what the fuck I do with my son, when you never even ask him about the sport he loves so much." My dad snapped. "Andre, go now." He said, not peeling his eyes away from my mom.

This is exactly why I prevent being around them two when they're both in the same area. Anything and everything can become an argument and I'm not tryna hear all that negativity. I said nothing to either of them as I left out the front door.

•••

"Hey unc." I said to Mario as we passed by each other. He's been in the center a lot more than usual, so I assume that something important or major is gonna go down over here.

I walked into the gym and there was the after school program kids playing dodgeball. I spotted Ja and Chris sitting in the stands so I went over to them.

"Mr. Hollywood. Surprised you even came." Chris chuckled.

"I won't miss an opportunity to ball up. Y'all know my dad been on my ass about school work and my workouts. He almost pulled me out of all this football shit cause my math grade dropped a few points." I shook my head. I still got my A though so I wasn't tripping.

"Ty would do that shit without a doubt." Ja shook his head. "Yo lil girlfriend gonna come through." He said.

"Who's my girlfriend?" I asked then smirked.

"You know who nigga. Big's daughter. You bold for fucking with her man." Chris said. "I would, but she only got eyes for you."

"We not even together. We just be fucking." I shrugged.

"My nigga!" Ja dapped me up. "I knew you were busting her."

"She not looking for a relationship because of how her dad is, so I respect her and her wishes. But once she gives me the ok, she gonna get more than just dick." I smirked.