Chapter 5

Tyrese POV

"Let me holla at you real quick." I said, walking into Andre's room.

"Wassup?" He asked, taking his headphones out his ears. My little baby, Angel, was sleeping on the other side of his bed.

"So, I talked to your mother about your future and the time you spend with her and all that." I said. He nodded, wanting me to continue. "So, regarding what college you go to, that decision is up to you and will be made my you alone. We're just here to support you and provide guidance on the way. Now, when it comes to you going over to California, we agreed on your whole winter break and spring break. After that, you turn 18 and you can do as you please."

"Fuck that." He mumbled. I raised my eyebrows and looked at him like he's stupid.

"Boy, curse again and make me knock your ass out. You ain't grown boy. That's what we concluded and it's happening whether you like it or not. Your mother is still your parent and still needs to see you. Plus, you have to spend time with your other siblings." I told him. He can have a nasty attitude about it, but it's gonna happen.

"I just honestly do not see the purpose of my going all the way over there when I really don't want to. My whole life has been here for the past 4 years. Football is here, my whole family is here, my girl, my job, and my school. Only thing in Cali is mom, Jason, and my sisters. Not saying they're not important, but I just don't want to go." He ranted on. I looked at him and smirked.

"Your girl? Who's your girl? Why didn't know about this?" I asked. He sighed and ran his hand down his face. Andre never talks relationships with me, I don't know why. I think I'm a pretty cool dad.

"Don't worry about it, she ain't really my girl." He shook his head.

"What do you mean? Y'all just fucking?" I asked.

"Exactly that. I don't really wanna speak about it." He said, brushing off the topic.

"I'm not gonna tell you to not have sex. I just want you to be safe and serious with whoever you decide to mess around with. Jumping from girl to girl can be dangerous, and you could catch something. Just find you a good girl and be good to her." I advised him.

"Did you ever catch something?" He asked.

"Hell nah. I probably would have if I didn't meet Yandy and you didn't come into my life. I used to have girls in an endless rotation and I honestly don't miss it at all." I shrugged.

"I've wanted to ask for a while, why weren't you ever faithful to my mom?" He asked. Here we go. I've been avoiding this conversation forever.

"We were young, and I was running these streets getting to the money and all that. Girls threw themselves at me, and if they looking good, I didn't say no. I wanted to have my cake and eat it too. I love your mom, never think I didn't or don't, I just wasn't shit. I can't even remember how many times I cheated on her. Too many times to count. But, your mom stayed through all the bullshit. When I got shot, I realized life is too short and decided to be all about your mom and give her all of me. I told her about my past, and how it effects me now. That probably lasted like six months until I was back on my bullshit. It was just a never ending cycle." I told him.

"So you would just cheat, because you were given the opportunity? If you wanted to fuck other people, why wouldn't you just be single?" He asked.

"Because I'm selfish. If I couldn't have your momma, nobody else was about to have her. I wanted her there always and the fact that she stayed so many times after I fucked her over, I knew she would be there." I shrugged. I always feel bad when I think about the shit I put Aniah through.