Chapter 12

Loriana POV

"Look at you, why you look tall today?" I asked Ja when I let him into my house. I'm always happy when my little brother decides to visit me.

"I've been taller than you since I was 12, chill." He laughed. He made his way to the kitchen like I expected him to. Jokes on him, I haven't cooked yet.

"I'm surprised that you didn't bring your little lapdog." I said. He looked at me with a straight face and I put my hands up. "But for real. Where she at? Didn't you want us to go out and bond or whatever?" I asked then rolled my eyes.

"You don't gotta worry about that no more." He mumbled, grabbing a bag of chips from my pantry.

"What do you mean by that? What did she do?" I asked. I knew she wasn't right for JaKory.

"Man, why you acting like this? You just assume that she is the reason why we broke up."

"I just always had a bad feeling about her. She seems problematic." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"You don't even know her and you definitely never took the time out to try. We were together for almost two years and you disliked her since the first time I mentioned her. Matter of fact, you've never liked any of my girlfriends. You don't realize how that effects my relationships. You don't see me giving Dre a hard time." He said.

"You're my little brother and I've always been protective over you. People have ill intentions these days and I'll be damn if I let a girl try and play and finesse you. You got a very bright future ahead of you and you're about to go and play college ball. I don't want anyone around you that isn't gonna have your back."

"I understand that and I'm grateful, but it wouldn't kill you to try and get along with the girls I bring around, especially if you see that I'm interested and we've been rocking for a while. Ciara was my girl and she was accepted by everyone in the family except for you. I'm not even gonna tell what went down cause the fact that you don't like her, you'll have a field day." He said, shaking his head. I found and folded my arms across my chest.

"If it'll make you happy, I'll invite her out to eat and I'll apologize to her. I didn't realize I effected your relationship that much." I offered. He waved his hand in the air, dismissing my offer.

"Fuck it now. We not together anymore." He shrugged.

"I really wanna know why, but I think y'all will get back together soon. Couples break up all the time and eventually get back together." I said.

"Nah, a relationship without trust is pointless and I don't like wasting my time so I'm cooling right now." He shrugged. "Wassup with you though?"

"Just been working on school and stuff."

"How's basketball going, and your training and stuff. I know your season is starting soon." I said. I started to move around the kitchen, taking out what I need to make dinner before Dre gets home.

"It's all going good. Pops been on my ass about my workouts and my academics. He flipped shit when I failed my last calculus exam. He called my trainer and canceled all my workouts for that week." He told me which made me laugh. When it comes to school my father does not play with any of us. We better bring home all A's or have a damn good reason why not.

"Well, first of all you shouldn't be failing any exams. It's your senior year and it's easy to slack off, but keep that 4.0 gpa in tact. First priority is school and everything else falls after. Basketball is a privilege earned, not given." I reminded him.

"I know all that already. It was really only one exam and she's letting me retake it in a few days to replace the grade. I'm not stressing it." He told me. I nodded in approval and continued to cook.