Chapter 9

Loriana POV

"Mommy!!" I yelled as I entered my parents house. It was real quiet in the house, making me wonder if anyone is even home.

I walked into the kitchen and went straight to the snack cabinet. I've been craving sweet snacks lately. Like everything from Oreos to milkshakes. I grabbed a bag of gummy bears and started snacking in them as I walked towards the staircase. Everyone must be upstairs.

Once I hit upstairs I headed straight to my parents room, hoping they were not fucking when I opened the door. It seemed pretty quiet as I approached the door, so I felt ok to open the door and enter the room.

"Mommy!?" I yelled out.

"Bathroom!" She yelled back. I made my way into their bathroom and my mom was there at her vanity getting her hair and makeup done. She had a glass of champagne in one hand, and her phone in the other.

"Why are you getting all cute?" I asked, chuckling a little. She don't ever do all this.

"I'm going on a date tonight." She smiled. I scrunched up my face and shook my head. A date? My parents don't do all that mushy gushy relationship stuff.

"With who? Can't be daddy." I joked.

"Girl stop playing. Your father is taking me out tonight. I bought a new little dress and everything. I'm about to look real good for my baby." She smirked, doing a little dance in her seat.

"Aw this is real cute. Y'all deserve it and need it. I know your last four kids probably run y'all mad."

"Tell me about it. Two teenagers and two little ones is not easy at all. And the way your father been out the house, it feels like I'm a single mother at times." She said, frowning a bit, but then tried to conceal it. "It's ok, I know he's out there working hard."

"He's working, but that doesn't mean he should stop taking care of his responsibilities, you included. I would talk to him about it but he'll just go off saying I'm still a child and don't know nothing. I just believe that he should treat you like as if he's still tryna get you." I shrugged.

"Honey, me and your father have been through a lot in our relationship. If anything, I should act like as if I'm still tryna get him, in order to keep him. I mean, we're not even arguing like that. We just need to find time for each other." She said, but it all sounded like excuses to me.

My mom be putting in effort like crazy. I witness her stressing out trying to take care of the kids and still clean the house and make dinner every night. On top of that, keep er body up and always be looking nice. If my dad isn't appreciating that, then there's no room for her to even try harder because it'll continue to go unnoticed. My dad be working and has a lot of businesses and is constantly in the public eye, but it wouldn't kill him to take a bit of time out frequently to spend time with his kids and wife.

"Well, I just call it like I see it. I hope he starts treating you right." I held my hand up that wasn't holding my bag of gummy bears.

"Anywho, hows school going? How's Dre? How's life?" She asked all at once.

"School is going well. Dre is fine, but been tripping on me lately. Life is well, thank God."

"Why has he been tripping? I hope y'all aren't having issues." She said, sounding worried.

"Not really issues. Ever since that disappearing shit, he's been on my ass. He wants me to call him all the time. Text him all the time. If I don't pick up his call or text, he bugs out. He got my location turned on." I rolled my eyes. I love Dre, but I underestimated his crazy. I forget all the time what his previous profession used to be.