Chapter 16

Mario POV

Never in my wildest dreams did I think that Jasmine would go as far as trying to leave me. After everything we've been through, she wants to try and leave. All the times I could've left after she fucked up, I didn't because I knew I'd never be able to have the same type of love I have for Jasmine, for someone else. Once we start fighting now, she's ready to pack her shit up and go, and that right there, that was the last straw for me. I'm not gonna force someone to be in a relationship when they don't want to be. That's super dead, so if she wants to go, then she can go. Ion give a fuck anymore.

"Daddy! Phone!" Nasir yelled, running up to me with my phone in his hand. I just got back from pick him up from school and Tia from her grandparents house. I didn't mention Jasmine trying to leave to her parents because I'm not tryna have our business everywhere.

I took the phone from his hands and saw that Anthony was calling me. We haven't spoke in a minute so I'm a bit surprised by the call. I answered the phone call while walking over to my office.

"Wassup bruh!" I answered the call.

"Nothing much man. I been living, making sure my family straight. Wassup with you?" He asked.

"That's good to hear man. I've been aight, had better days but nothing I can do bout that." I said. I heard him sigh which caught my attention.

"I'm calling because Jas is here, emotional as hell. She talking about how you kicked her out the house. This true?" He asked.

"Not gonna lie, yeah I did about two hours ago." I said then shrugged like as if he can see me.

"Nigga the fuck is wrong with you? You're my bro but you're not about to be out here treating my sister any kind of way!" He started to raise his voice.

"Nah, I ain't kick her out for fucking fun. I came home from work early and she was there in our room, packing her shit up to leave. She packed the babies stuff up too. So I told her to get out of my house, but she not gonna take my kids." I said, starting to get heated all over again.

"This isn't a conversation you have to have with me, but you gotta talk to her. Y'all are married and can't be doing the same shit y'all did back when Loriana was a kid. Y'all grown with five kids, you gotta lead by example and you two are not setting a good example. Figure this shit out before your kids catch word and before my father learns about this." He advised.

"Man, this shit has really been blown out of proportion and it was never brought to a point where she should've felt like she had to try and leave in secret. I'm not understanding it, I must be missing something." I said shaking my head.

"Ok and this is why I'm telling you to come talk to her. Come talk to her right now." He said.

"I have the kids. I can't just leave them." I said, coming up with a quick excuse.

"Bring them along with you." He said. I opened my mouth to throw out another excuse before he I interrupted me. "Stop fucking talking and get over here. I'm not playing around anymore." He said in a stern tone. I forget that Anthony is just a little bit older than me, but he be using that shit to his advantage when he has to.

"Aight bruh, I'm coming." I said. I hung up the phone and walked out of my office. Right when I was about to go find Nasir, I heard the front door open.

Nobody is supposed to be home for another two hours so i don't know who the hell is walking into my house right now. I walked back into my office and grabbed my gun before walking over to the front door. Once I heard footsteps, I took the safety off and prepared myself.