I'll try

Important note: I now realize how wrong it is to romanticize self harm and mental disorders. I was young and uneducated on the topic when I wrote this. I'm sorry to anyone that this offends now or in the past.

Description: Ethan is a senior in highschool and is having a hard time with bullying at school but no one knows until Mark finds out. Angsty but also fluffy

Warnings: cutting, sexist slurs, and swearing

Ethan's POV (the whole thing will be in Ethan's POV)

I walk into school, no that doesn't sound right, how about Hell. Hell seems to suit this place pretty well. I don't have any friends here and no one likes me. I'm constantly bullied for being different. I'm gay so apparently that means I automatically get bullied.

"Hey fag!" I hear someone shout and I know it's towards me. I'm the only openly gay person at school and it wasn't by choice. I trusted my secret with my best friend, now ex best friend. Andrew told one person and the. My secret spread like wild fire.

I keep my head low, walking fast, hoping that I'll lose them but I know I️ won't. I'm slammed against a locker and met face to face Alex. Alex has been my biggest bully ever since freshman year. I think he plans on keeping it that way.

"Listen to me next time fag" Alex says while he pins me against the locker. "Hey guys should we give gay boy a beating today?" Alex asks all his friends who are intensely watching us. Their chanting echoes through the halls but no one comes to my rescue. I brace myself knowing that this isn't going to end well.

Alex throws the first punch to my right eye. I feel like crying but I know that it will only make it worse. Alex throws me to the ground so his friends can kick me. They kick me until the 1st bell rings then they skimpier off to class. I lay there on the floor helpless all by myself.

Once the 2nd bell rung and everyone was out of the hallway I stood up and staggered to the restrooms. Once I got there I looked at myself in the mirror. I had a black eye along with a large scrape across my left cheek. I'm all out of concealer so I can't cover up my bruise and scratch. I go into my bag and pull out my only friend. Mr. Blade.

I take the blade across my wrist. 1 for being gay, 2 for having no friends, 3 for being weak. I keep cutting till I end up with 12 new cuts on left arms. I clean up my mess and roll my sleeve down. I put the blade away when I hear the bell ring. Time for 2nd block.

Time skip to end of day

I walk out of 4th block to the student parking lot. It's a bless that I didn't run into Alex and his pack of rats while heading to my car. I get in my car and drive back to the house. This is going to be hard to explain.

I finally, after quite some time I get home and park the car. I take a deep breath and step out of the car. I open the door and keep my head low praying no one would notice me. "Hey Ethan" I hear Mark say. Shit. I can't ignore him but I can't let him know either. "Hey Mark." I say while keeping my head low. "Hey Ethan look at me" Mark says before he lifts my chin. When Mark sees the condition I'm in he sucks in a breath. "Ethan what the hell happened to you?" He asks in a slightly angrier tone. "Nothing. Doesn't matter anymore." I say whispering the last part not really wanting him to hear me. I look in his eyes and I see a flood of tears ready to come crashing down. "Ethan don't ever think that you don't matter. This matters, you matter, what happened matters. Please Ethan, what happened to you?" Mark says, surprising me because I thought I was just another dusty book on the shelf.

Mark and I stare at each other for a little longer till he does something I have wished for forever. Mark slams our lips together making them fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. We kiss in the middle of the living room for a little till we both pull away gasping for air. "You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that." I say. "I guess we both feel the same way then" Mark says while he pressed our foreheads together.

We look at each other in silence until Mark spoke up. "Ethan what else did they do to you?" Mark asks as he looks into my eyes. I lift up my shirt to reveal bruises all along my chest. Mark touches one of them causing me to flinch in pain because it's one of the newer ones. "I'm sorry" Mark says when he sees my spasmodic movement. "It's ok" I say as I pull my shirt back down.

You know how everything has an equal and opposite reaction, well when I put my shirt down my sleeve rolled up a little. I quickly pushed my sleeve down a bit too aggressively. Mark grabs my arm and looks at me in the eyes. "Ethan can I see your wrist?" He asks. I hesitate but nod yes in response. He rolls my sleeves up and looks at my cuts. Some are deep, really deep and when Mark sees them he just looks at me in the eyes. His eyes have glossed over again making the normally chocolate brown turn dull. I get out of his grip and hug him tight. "Please try to stop, for me." Mark whispers softly in my ear "I'll try." I say back. I stand on my tippy toes so I️ can kiss him on forehead. "I'll try."