Screaming

Description: Mark comes to save the day. Sorry I haven't updated, Band camp is a pain in the ass.

Relationship status: Friends

Warnings: Hints at sexual abuse

Ethan's POV

"Ughhhh" I say as I sit up, pain shooting through me. "Where the hell am I?" I mutter to myself and groan from pain. I look around the room to see if I can make anything out but it is mostly black. I try to stand up but my arms and legs are chained to the wall behind me. Well that's just great.

I let out a huge sigh and throw my head back but I hit the wall. Well that's just great, now my head will be in more pain. I let my eyes adjust to the dark and I start to see stuff better. To my left there seems to be something like a bed. Hmmm. Why would I be chained in a room. To my right there's a dresser of some sort and in front of me there seems to be a door and there is some light that seps through the cracks. That could be a way out.

I pull on my chains hoping that they would magically loosen but they didn't. The chains fall against the floor making a loud sound. I wince as the sound echoes through the room. Shit, is that foot steps. I inch as close to the door as my chains will let me and I definitely hear footsteps. What do I do? I mentally scream because I don't want to make anymore noise.

I back away so I'm sitting against the wall again and the footsteps stop. I let out a quiet sigh but the door only makes a very loud creaking noise. I lift my head and see something standing at the frame of the door. I stare at it trying to find something that would identify it but I only get an outline that glows slightly because of the dim light that hangs outside the door.

"Well well well, looks like you're awake. How was your sleep, princess?" The person says as they walk closer to me. The voice sounds familiar but I can't put my finger on it. "What, what am I do-doi-doing here?" I ask but my voice cracks at the beginning. The person starts laughing at me as he walks closer, his steps ringing in my ears. "You thought you could get away from me but I missed you so much." The person purrs in my ear and I get a closer look at them.

The person kneels next to me and rests his hand on my face and I flinch away. There hand is cold and rough, full of calluses like they have been doing the monkey bars for ages. "You look so pretty, haven't changed a bit." The person says and I look at his face now that it is close to me. "Z-Zach." I say now my voice cracking in fear. "Look who remembers me now." Zach says caressing my cheek with his thumb. I jerk my head away only getting a tisk from him.

"Common baby, I only want to play." Zach whispers in my ear. I feel my cheek become wet as a tear makes it way down. "Awe, is baby scared. Come on let's have some fun." Zach says taking a key out of his pocket. I start to tremble and whimper but it only causes Zach to laugh. "This should but fun."

Mark's POV

I'm sitting downstairs staring at the TV watching the news but there are no interesting stories. I pull out my phone and check twitter. I scroll through the comments and one catches my eye.

@/GameCreamPies786: Mark! Pls check on Ethan! He seems out of it lately and really sad. Thanks. @/Markiplier.

Hmm that's strange. I scroll through other comments and I see many others like it. There must be something really wrong with Ethan. I wonder why people are making the assumptions. I check Youtube and see that Ethan posted a video a few hours ago. I click onto it and as I watch it I notice how horrible Ethan looks.

I keep watching the video trying to focus on the game play but my eyes keep wandering back to Ethan. His eyes aren't the bright blue they used to be. He has large bags under his eyes and he just looks tired. I keep watching the video when I hear a scream.

I jump up in the air but land back on the couch. Ethan is the only other person home so he must of screamed. I bolt up stairs making sure that I don't trip and fall. I get to his door and bust the door down because it was locked. I bust down the door and find Ethan sitting on his bed with sweat and tears streaming down his face.

I rush over to him and cradle him in my arms. He was shaking aggressively and I knew that I needed to calm him down so I talked to him. "Shhh, Ethan calm down, I'm here now." I say rocking him back and forth as he sits in my lap. He's not calming down, I need to think fast. Without thinking I kiss Ethan and he starts to calm down. The kiss wasn't anything heated but it was sweet. I pull away when Ethan had finished shaking and I held him close to me.

After a few more minutes his crying stopped and his heartbeat had slowed down significantly. "Thank's."  Is all he mutters out before I feel him rest his head into my chest. I run my hands through his hair silently, listening to the sound of rain lightly hit the window. After a few more minutes of silence I decided that I should probably ask Ethan what's gotten him so shaken up.

"Ethan." I say and he lightly lifts his head from my chest and now the spot where he was feels cold. "Yeah?" He asks but I only stare into his eyes. Just like they were in the video, dull and lifeless. Ethan stares back at me not breaking the silence we created. "Can I ask why you seem... so... Lifeless?" I ask slowly not wanting to make him cry again but it never comes. "I.... I have been having n-nightmares lately about the same person and I-I'm scared." He says stuttering over his words. I pull him close to me and kiss the top of his forehead. "Who's in your nightmares that causing you so much pain." I ask taking his hand in mine and rubbing my thumb against the back of his hand.

Ethan doesn't say anything for a little bit but he soon says something that makes my blood boil. "Z-Zach." Is all he says and I pull him closer without thinking. I look down at Ethan and his face is bright red. "Ethan, you have no reason to be ashamed. You didn't have any choice over what you did." I say and I kiss him again and he relaxes. I pull away and smile down at Ethan. "I know. I just feel dirty." He says and he hides his face in my chest. "You didn't do anything wrong. I still love you no matter what." I say and it was a bold move especially because we're not even dating but I wanted to say the truth. "I love you too." He says and he cuddles into my chest. I won't ever treat him like Zach did, only care and love.