Investigation

Description: Alex and his boss Mark are private investigators that are hired to find a boy kidnapped at birth.

Relationship status: co-workers

Warnings: strong langue.

Alex's POV

I'm nervous and scared and maybe a littl- okay I need to stop I'll be perfectly fine. You see I'm a private investogater for this big company and the really hot boss called me to his office. This could be a really big case for me and I don't want to mess things up because of my stupid crush. I take a big deap breath before I walk into his office.

I knock on the door and I can hear a faint come in through the door so I turn the handle and step in. His office is very cold but many people say it matches his heart. I don't understand why people think he's so cold, I mean we know nothing about his past so we can't really judge. "I was called up here sir." I say and I look at him. The bags under his eyes could hold tons of groceries.

"Yes I called you up here because I have a big case and I want you to do it with me." He says as he rubs his eyes and I send a confused look. "Why me, I mean I'm still pretty new." He lets out a heavy laugh buts it's followed by a sigh. "Yes you may be new but you are one of the best on the team and I think you and me would work great together on this case." He says and I just give a simple nod. He motions for me to take a seat and I take the seat directically across from him.

"So this is a very big case that is paying a lot." He says very sternly and I give a nervous nod before he launches into the case. "So this case has been passed around from company to company so it's going to be very difficult. A boy under the name Ethan Mark Nestor was kidnapped a few days after birth twenty years ago, you think we can do this Alex?" He says. "Of course, when do we start?" "Tomorrow." I nod and stand up ready to leave. I turn around and look at Mark one last time and he is looking at me. I feel heat rush to my cheeks so I quickly exit the office and walk back to my own work space.

Time skip to next morning

I hear a loud beeping sound ringing in my ears so I groan and turn over. That stupid alarm wont shut off. I mentally complain but then I realize that today is the day we start the big case. I hop out of bed and reach for my glasses on the bed side table. Once I can see I make my way over to my closet so I can get my uniform.

I slip my uniform on making sure that I have matching socks and shoes. After I'm dressed I go to the bathroom so I can brush my bright blue hair which most people don't like but I like it so what ever. Once my mop was tamed I went to the kitchen to get some breakfast and ended up tripping over my own two feet. Why am I such a clumsy ass. I get up and walk over to my pantry to get some cereal.

I finish my breakfast and put my dishes in the sink for me to wash later. I check the time and realize that I need to be leaving so I run to the bathroom so I can brush my teeth then head out. I finally get everything together and I head out the door and start my car up.

The drive to the office was filled with Panic! At the Disco and Twenty One Pilots. I sing along to The Judge while tapping my fingers against the steering wheel. The drive lasted half an hour because there wasn't too much traffic surprisingly. I pull into a spot and park my car. I get out and lock the car behind me.

I start fiddle with my thumbs nervously because this is a big case and if I mess it up I could ruin Mark and I's job. I take a big breath before I step into Mark's office but I walk in to see him there relaxed and laid back in his chair. How is he not stressed! Mark looks up at me and smiles which is new and the inner fan girl inside of me is dying. "Ready?" Mark asks and I snap out of my thoughts and nod.