Braces

Description: Ethan finds out he has to get braces and he isn't happy.

Relationship status: Dating

Warnings: Cursing

Ethan's POV

I was sitting in the dentist office, waiting for them to call my name. I never minded the dentist because for some reason I have somewhat strong teeth so it doesn't really hurt. I had horrible teeth when I was little and had to get braces but everyone had braces so it wasn't a big deal besides them hurting like hell.

"Ethan Nestor." I hear someone say so I stand up and follow them to the back room and I'm left alone. I walk over to the chair standing in the middle of the room. I sit down waiting for the dentist to come in.

We do the normal routine check up/cleaning but then I get some shocking news. "Well Ethan looks like you have an over bite that is getting worse so you will have to get a herbst appliance and braces." My face feel into shock.

I don't want braces again, that was a living hell. "So when will I get them?" I ask nervously. "We are thinking in about a week or so." "Oh ok um well I guess we could set an appointment up." I say and she nods standing up motion for me to follow her.

We walk to the front desk and start to work out a time to get my braces and I pay them. I can't believe I have to get braces again and I can't believe it's so soon.

I drive home thinking about what is going to come next week. I pull up to the house where everyone lives. How am I supposed to break it to them like "hey I'm getting fucking braces." God this is going to be hard.

I walk in to see Mark sitting on the couch by himself watching TV. "Oh hey Ethan how was your appointment? Is something wrong." Mark asks seeing my obvious sad expression. "Well umm.. they said I'm going to need braces again." I say waiting for Mark to burst out laughing but it never comes.

Mark stands up and walks over to me pulling me into a tight embrace. I let a tear slip down my cheek as I burry my head into his chest. "Shhhh Ethan it'll be okay, I promise, plus you'll look so cute with braces." Mark says kissing the tip of my nose. I giggle at his action but I know I won't be fully happy knowing what's coming next week.

For the next week Mark has been treating like I'm a princess because he knows I won't be happy when I get my braces on. Soon the day did come though.

I was sitting in the living room waiting for Mark because he said he was going to drive me to the orthodontist. Mark comes down the stairs slipping his shoe on with his belt unbuckled. "We still have five minutes till we need to leave so you can take your time." I say looking at Mark who was currently struggling to get ready.

"I know I just don't want you to be late because of me." Mark says which warms my heart because it shows just how much he cares. He slips on his shoe and buckles his belt then we walk out the door.

As we drive the nerves were building up. It would be a lie if I said I wasn't scared. To be honest I was beyond scared. I know that I said I have strong teeth, which I do, but a herbst appliance hurts a lot when you first get it on so I will most likely be in pain. Not to mention people making fun of me. My friends will make a joke here and there but the hate from the fans will probably be unbearable.

Mark must of saw my nerves building up so he places a hand on my thigh. "Ethan, you'll be fine, and if anyone makes fun of you I will beat their ass." "Thanks Mark, I'm just worried about hate, that's all." I say looking down embarrassed that I'm scared of hate, I mean I'm a YouTuber so I should be used to all the hate by now.

"Baby, don't think about that. Your true fans will stick up for you because you can't control whether you get braces or not. " Mark says kissing me on the temple. "You always know just what say." I say laughing until I see that we have parked at the orthodontist.

We walk in and I go up to the desk and sign in. "Ethan Nestor." "Ahh yes, we will come get you when they are ready." The front desk lady said smiling at me with perfectly straight, white teeth. I hope that this will fix my dumb ass teeth to make them like that.

I walk over to the seating area with Mark, holding hands. Mark rubs circles with his thumb on top of my hand as a calming gesture. I sit in my chair for what feels like hours but I know it was only mere minutes when they called my name.

"Ethan Nestor." I stand up and look down at Mark. He flashes me his beautiful smile and tells me good luck. I nod and head towards the back. This is going to be fun.

Mark's POV

I was sitting in the waiting room waiting for Ethan to be done. I know that he doesn't want braces and his teeth are almost perfect but if they don't fix his over bite now it could cause serious health problems in the future. Plus Ethan will look adorable with braces! It might be a little weird when we kiss but we'll have to get over it.

I sit for about an hour scrolling through Twitter and Instagram replying and sharing what fans have sent me. I was looking at Tumblr posts when I look up to see Ethan at the front desk handing them his insurance card.

I walk up to Ethan making him jump a little till he realized it was me. "Thank you, and have a good day." The front desk person said and Ethan gives a small nod and turns to me so we can leave.

We get in the car and Ethan hasn't said a word and I know it's because he doesn't want people to see his braces but I need to see them. "Ethan can I see?" I ask knowing that the answer most likely be no but to my surprise he opens his mouth giving a smile that was obviously fake.

He got blue bands that match his hair which makes him even cuter. "Awweee." I say looking at how sweet and innocent he looks. Ethan blushes at my comment and closes his mouth. "I knew you would look so cute." I gush making him turn even more red.

Ethan takes his hands and covers his face trying to hide his obvious blush but it was too late. I chuckle at his childness and start the drive to our home.

Once we get home we are greeted by Tyler and I remember that Ethan didn't tell anyone about getting braces besides me. Let's see how this plays out.

"Hey Ethan, hey Mark, where did you guys go?" Tyler asks looking at both of us. Ethan freezes in place and I just stare at Tyler. "Did I say something wrong? You guys are acting strange." "No you didn't say anything." I say as Ethan and I walk through the door with Tyler following behind us.

"So as I was saying where did you guys go?" Tyler asks obviously wanting to know where we went and why we went there. I look over at Ethan and he gives me a little nod telling me I can talk because I know he most definitely won't.

"We went to the orthodontist." I say flat out and a confused expression forms on Tyler's face. I know that there are going to be more questions no doubt but I don't think Ethan was quite ready even though there was no way avoiding them.

"I got braces." Ethan says looking down at the floor in embarrassment. Tyler doesn't say anything just looks at Ethan then at me. "Your teeth are pretty straight so why did you get braces?" "Well I have a pretty bad over bite so they put on a herbst appliance to move my bottom jaw out." Ethan says with a sigh still not bringing his head up not wanting to face reality.

"That's really cool! Can I see." Ethan looks up confused but opens his mouth willingly. Tyler looks at it not making a comment just nodding. "Well that's cool but I have to head out a run some errands so I'll be back later." Tyler says walking out the door with out a bye.

I turn to Ethan and look at him smiling at how flushed his cheeks are from embarrassment. "Hey babe, do you want any Advil?" I asks only getting a simple nod in agreement and we both start walking to the bathroom where the medicine cabinet is.

I look until I find a small white bottle labeled Advil. "Ah ha, found it." I say pulling of the cap and handing Ethan 2 pills. He swallows them without water which I must say is impressive.

"Thanks Mark, you have been really helpful through all of this." Ethan says turning pink again. "No problem, anything for my baby." I say kissing his nose making him blush even more. I laugh and we both head out of the bathroom and go to the living room to watch some good ol' TV.