Chapter 10

I got back to the hotel after a nice lunch with the team and slept.

I had learned from college that sleep can help reduce stress levels and anxiety. (Which I don't have, by the way.)

"Hey Kels, you in here?" Sidney had woken me up dammit.

"Uh yeah. What's up?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"ESPN called." He handed me my phone.

"You have this?! Why?!" I snapped.

"Ok...look...d-don't get mad at me here. I only had it because you left it at the arena. I promise I didn't even go through it! I swear on my little sisters life!" Oh my god. He swore on Taylor Crosby's life.

"Ok...I believe you. Why did ESPN call, anyways?" He sat down on the couch next to me.

"I don't know. It just said: ESPN missed call."

***

I went back to sleep for another 10 minutes until my phone went off.

B.Sutter: hey :)
Me: hi!! I hate to ask this but, how are you holding up??
B.Sutter: I'm fine now. I'm back at home, in my own bed, sleeping. I'm not allowed to eat anything but crackers. I'm really tired and still sorta sick, like I have a fever still. It's only at 101 tho. :)
Me: that's cool. ;) I'm really happy for you. And when I called you a douchebag, I felt bad afterwards, so this is my repayment towards u:)
B.Sutter: awe:) but aren't you and Sid a "thing" now??
Me: no...I don't want to talk about it. Okay?
B.Sutter: yeah. Ok. I might as well get back to sleep. Lates ;)
Me: <:D) (bunny wabbit.)
B.Sutter: <3

I felt insecure now. Sutter, I think, likes me. While at the same time, Sidney, I think, likes me.

Me: Hey can we uh talk??
Penguincaptain: what about?? come down to the arena and skate with us. plz??
Me: ok <3
Penguincaptain: what did you want to talk to me about??

I felt so insecure now. Oh my god.

Me: I think Sutter likes me...
Penguincaptain: why do you think that??
Me: i was texting him and he signed bye with a heart.
Pengiuncpatain: so??
Me: Ugh! You don't understand!
Penguincaptain: I'm sure I don't. I'm sure I don't. See u at the arena.

I grabbed my hockey stuff and traveled to the arena.

"Hey Sid, look. It's your girlfriend." I wanted to punch Letango so hard.

"Oh shut up Khris. You're lucky that I didn't punch you," I snapped.

***

We skated for 3 hours until most, if not all of us, were pretty tired. "

I'm gonna head backm" Letango said.

"Yeah. Me too. I'm done. Plus, we all need energy for tonight's game," I said.

"Good point. Who wants B-Dubs?" Sid asked.

"We were just there on Wednesday night." A familiar voice spoke up.

"S-Sutter?" I stammered.

"Yeah. It's me. Hey Kelsey." Oh my god. I nearly fainted. Like fangirl fainted,

"H-hi. Uh welcome back." I walked up to him very slowly.

"Hi Kelsye. I was much more comfortable now that I was closer to him.

"Hey. Glad to have you back." He stepped back.

"Not exactly. I can't play for a week. Maybe even two if the symptoms come back." I felt insecure again.

"So...B-Dubs? I'll buy." It was a nice offer, but...I jut wasn't sure.

"You sure? I mean...yeah I guess. Sure." He nodded.

"Yeah. Of course." We walked out of the arena, not even touching each other since he was just sick a few days ago.

SIDNEY'S POV

"Dude, she just walked off with Sutter." I wanted to hurt him so damn bad.

"Yeah, I know," I snapped.

"Well...go get her back. We're only here until tomorrow." I knew I should've asked Sutter to come later, like tomorrow. "Dude. Seriously. She's gone." I walked away.

Me: hey:)
KD: hi...I'm kinda busy. Can it wait?
Me: um yeah.
KD: great:) thanks:) love u!! <3

So maybe she still liked me?

Me: u too. Bye:)

And maybe she thought I didn't like her?

Me: do u still like me?

No response. Even after 5 minutes, no response. But I didn't care. She was happy, and that makes me happy I guess.

KELSEY'S POV

"Thanks for the food." He shrugged.

"It was nothing really." My phone went off.

Penguincaptain: hey:)
Me: hi...I'm kinda busy. Can it wait?
Penguincaptain: um yeah.
Me: great:) thanks:) love u!! <3
Penguincaptain: u too. Bye:)

"Was that Sid?" I nodded.

"Yeah. He wanted to tell me something I guess. But whatever. I'm happy here. I guess B-Dubs is like..." I lost my train of thought.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Oh I don't know."

My phone went off again

Penguincaptain: do u still like me?

I stared and stared and stared until I could no longer ponder that question. So I decided not to reply. I hoped Sidney didn't get the wrong idea.

"So...are you gonna take the job at ESPN?" I shook my head as I toyed with my straw.

"Nah. I'm too...too...what's the word? Oh yeah, I'm too accident prone." He raised his eyebrows.

"Accident prone? I was watching. You knew exactly what you were doing! Haha. It was good. You did good kid." He offered his fist for a fist bump.

"Thanks...so why'd you ask about ESPN?"

"Because I did and I can. I also wanted to know why you're being super nice to me?" He raised an eyebrow as our food came.

"I already told you why. Plus, I want to give you another chance. I want to start over with you." Fuck. I've said way too much too soon.

"Oh you do?" He sounded surprised and a little bit shocked.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Why are you sorry?! You shouldn't be sorry. And to be honest with you, I want to start over. Kelsey, I want to be with you."