Chapter 14

SIDNEY'S POV

I thought about our first date. And I remember when I had asked her out, too.

A FEW DAYS AGO

"Hey...um...I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out sometime? You know like on a date?" I felt nervous, hoping she wouldn't say no.

"Yeah. That would be cool." We smiled. "Cool."

PRESENT DAY

"So about our date," I think she was still confused as to why I was here.

"Yeah. Where do you want to go?" I looked at her as she slowly sat on the couch.

"I don't care." She sank deep into the couch.

"How about that one place on the river? They have great tuna." I put my arm around her.

"Great idea."

KELSEY'S POV

"Sid, why did the coach want you to talk to me?" I pulled out my phone and checked ScoreCenter.

"Do you want a 5-year, 10 mil contract?" He looked at me.

"I just...no thank you." I closed my eyes.
"Why not?" I sat up.

"Because of my injury. I'll only get worse." He sat next to me.

"Nah. You'll be fine. Just get plenty of rest according to coach." I felt a sick feeling in my stomach.

"You alright? You look tired." I nodded.

"Yeah. I'll be alright. I'm just tired from work. Scott is working me harder than anyone else in the office." He kissed the top of my head.

"You're a real trooper." I smiled.

"Ah thanks for that."

***

"I love you Sid. I want to be together forever." He smiled.

"I love you too. Will you marry me?" Haha what?!

"Sid, where's the ring buddy? And even if we were to get married, it wouldn't work. We've only known each other for like a week." He laughed.

"Yeah, I know. So anyways, can we talk about why you hate being a goalie? You are amazing at it." I felt like crying.

He knows that's a touchy-ass subject for me to talk about.

"Yeah. I was. But now I'm not. Sid, ever since the injury back in high school, I-it-I'm sorry. I just can't do this." I turned away from him.

"Why? Please talk to me." He seemed like a begger to me.

"No. Not about my hockey career." I felt a tear run down my cheek. I didn't wipe it away.

"You need to open up." Was he being serious?!

"Are you kidding me right about now?! Sidney, I've opened up about this before! I really don't want to have to open up again. I'm done. I'm tired, my head hurts, and I'm just so done."

A/N

HEY GUYS!! This was a filler for what's to come:) sorry it was so damn short.

THE BLUE JACKETS MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!! #gojackets!! Tweet me or comment which team you like in the playoffs:)

-EKH