Chapter 16

SIDNEY'S POV

I woke up again, this time thinking about Kelsey and how she was earlier today and these past few weeks.

***

I slowly walked into the living room where she was sprawled (literally) on the couch.

It was around 2 am when I went to check on her.

"Hey...." She sat up.

"Hi." I sat down next to her.

"Feeling better?" I nodded.

"Yeah. Thanks." She laid back down. "What's wrong?" If anything.

"Nothing. I just feel like my life is going by way too fast. Will you lay with me?"

It was only 2 am, and I was really tired.

"Sure." I grabbed a blanket from the stack on the floor. "You look sleepy." She nodded.

"That's 'cause I am. And so do you." She pointed out. She was cute when she was sleepy.

"Yeah. I am too."

***

I finally fell back asleep at 2:30, not even knowing I had a morning skate, until Sutter texted me.

SUTTER: just wanted to remind you about morning skate.

ME: why??

SUTTER: idk. I'm awake and I decided I should remind ya

ME: k...thanks.

SUTTER: peace

KELSEY'S POV

I woke up feeling stressed. "I hate life." I muttered as the TV was turned on to a low volume.

"Morning," He smiled. "H-hi. W-what time is it? And why aren't you at morning skate?" He shrugged.

"Its only 9:30. A.nd I was already there. It lasted about an hour. We were all tired for some reason." Hmm. I wonder why.

"You hungry?" He got up and went into the kitchen.

"Not really. I should probably head home. But thanks for everything Sid." He hugged me.

"No problem. Text me when you get in, okay?" I nodded as I walked out.

***

I drove back to my old house with tears in my eyes. No use in texting Sidney because I would sound stupid and dumb. But I did anyways.

ME: Hey

SID: U home yet?? :)

ME: Yeah. Thx

SID: Yup :) you wanna hang out before the game later?

ME: I can't. I've got work to do baby :(

SID: Well alright. At least you got home. see ya later.

ME: Yeah. Ok. Bye :)

I walked in and went into my room. "KELSEY?! YOU HOME?!" Brandon. Shit.

"YEAH! Wait why are you home?!" I yelled back.

"Come down here!" He demanded.

"Why? You don't even love me anymore!" The house fell silent, until he walked upstairs.

"I do love you. Very much." I stayed on my bed.

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

"Because I still live here with mom. I'm leaving now." He hugged me before leaving.

***

I decided to go to Colson Energy Center, and sit on the bench and think. No one would be there hopefully, and it was open, hopefully.

"I'm going back to New York!" I yelled on my way out.

"Bye!" My mom yelled.

***

I walked in and found the players' bench right away. I heard footsteps, so I hid behind one of the trash cans on my way in.

"She's not in here. She's probably back in New York."

Thanks Sutter. I owed him one for that.

"She's here. She will always be here when she's bored or just needs to chill."

Sidney made sure that I was here. Not liking that.

"Well...I've got an appointment. Peace out. Actually, you're my ride, stupid. Let's go." I was praying that Sutter was going to take Sidney with him so I could sit in peace and quiet.

***

A few short moments had passed before Sidney came back. So I ran into a bathroom and hid.

"Kelsey! I have something for you!" I didn't want to get out, but he sounded promising, so I slowly got out of the bathroom.

"Hi." I said nervously.

"Hey...what happened this time?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine. What did you have for me?" He pulled out a box.