Chapter 23

KELSEY'S POV

I wanted so badly to just cuddle up with Sidney on the couch, but I can't trust him anymore. he doesn't think I'm being sincere when I say 'I love you' through text, so this is what he gets.

A few moments later, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hi Kelsey."

"Hi."

"Um can we talk?" I had made my way to my bedroom.

"Sure. You go first." He was a bit shaky on the other line, and I don't blame him.

"I'm sorry for earlier." I smiled at that.

"I am too. But all I ask is why?"

"Why what?" Oh he knows why.

"Why you want me to be sincere, when I'm trying my best to be."

"Look...I love you...alright? I'm super tired and sore, so...call me later?" Excuses, excuses.

"Sure. Why are you sore? Hockey?" I guessed.

"Yeah...but I'll get over it," he sighed.

"Well...I have to do a few reports for Scott. Ugh I hate him!"

"Why do you? I mean he's not all that bad, right?" I guess I could agree on that....

"He is! He overworks me! And he makes me write up HIS INJURY REPORTS! Sorry for venting." I laid on top of my bed.

"Haha it's fine. And hey, don't bother with that. He knows you'll succumb to getting laid off, so he overworks you." What does he mean?!

"Sid, what does that mean? Like I'd give in if I were about to get laid off? Or...help me out here." I could see a smile creep up on his face through the phone.

"What I mean to say is that if Scott were to say something like 'I'm firing you if you don't work over time and finish these reports' then you'd give in, or succumb to it. You'd be begging him not to fire you." No I wouldn't. I'd say, 'Hasta luego bitches!'

"You still there?"

"Yeah. I'm watching the game tonight. Are you playing?"

"No. I told coach I didn't feel up for it." Damn! I really want to cuddle up next to Sidney!

"I have the rest of the week off according to Scott. He heard what happened and feels really sorry for me, so I'll head back to the burgh later today. But don't bother driving to the airport. Please don't."

"Why? I want to see you." No, you really don't.

"Um...never mind. I'll see you when I get home later." He didn't hang up.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine. Just fine. Look, I'm catching the next avaliable flight home, so...bye." I hung up after that.

***

I had started packing up my stuff for a week. My laptop was going with me on this one so I could keep up to date with ESPN and the NBA playoffs. (I secretly wanted the Los Angeles Clippers to win it all since the 76'ers pretty much suck.)

That's when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"H-hi. Dude no! She's dating someone! Haha shut up A-Rod! You idiot! Um sorry about that haha."
I could tell he was nervous.

"Hey, it's cool. So what's up?" I asked.

"Ever wanted to see a baseball game from-. What? Coming. Can I call you later?"

"Yeah. Bye Derek." I smiled as I hung up.

***

I sat in between two HOT guys on my way home. One of them was blonde, and had a nice tan, (But not tan enough sadly.) and the other one had smooth, jet black hair. (Nicer tan than blondie.)

"Hey I know you!" Blondie spoke up.

"You do?" I asked all puzzled.

"Aren't you dating Sidney Crosby, like one of the best players in the NHL?" I nodded very slowly.

"Yeah...? What about him?" I pointed to the other one.

"Oh that's Marshall. He's kinda not feeling well right now, so I wouldn't talk to him if I were you." I looked over at Marshall. He was sound asleep next to me.

"Um...cool...so are you from Pittsburgh," I asked, breaking the ice.

"Um yeah. I was in New York for a hockey tourney."

Does he have any parents?

"That's awesome. I love hockey." I said.

"Yeah, but it was only me and Marshall, since we don't really have any parents. They kinda died when we were like 2. So we raised each other." HOLY SHIT! I'm so tweeting this.

@KD_SHOES4EVER I'm sitting on a plane next to some dudes who have no parents! #thisshitcray

***

I got off of the plane, hoping I wouldn't have to see Sidney. But I did. So I put on my best smile.

"Hi beautiful." He kissed me.

"Hey. So um I was wondering if we could...you know...hang at my place?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I can't." I felt relieved.

"Oh. Is it cause you're sore?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

"No...but whatever. We have a game in Carolina. The team, minus Sutter, is here."

I pulled out my phone to get a text from Sutter.

B.Sutter: Hi

I ignored it for now. "Well then I'll just head back to my place. And uh, hope you win tonight." I still didn't trust him. Maybe, just maybe, he was going to marry me? 

 SIDNEY'S POV

We had landed in North Carolina at around 11, but most of us were pretty tired so we just kinda slept in the airport until around 6 or 7 A.M. 

"Sid, wake up!" I swear, Kelsey was the one who was doing that.

"Lay with me Kels," I mumbled.

"Uh, Sid, are you maybe...gay...cause...uh..." I shot up.

"Holy shit. I'm so sorry."

I must really miss Kelsey. 

"LINE CHANGE!" I was sitting on the bench, staring at the banners in the rafters.

"You don't have to be here," the coach pointed out.

"Yeah but, I feel like I can give some pointers," I reminded him, "I am the captain after all." 

GAMETIME

I had gone up to the arena in a suit and tie. Not that I didn't want to wear it, well I kinda did, but...whatever. 

KD: Good luck tonite

KD: Sid??

KD: I knew it! You don't even realize how how much of a jerk you really are! believe me, when I say I love you through text, I MEAN IT YOU DOUCHE CANOE! And when you call me and say that you're sore and not playing, but well enough to come down to the airport and kiss me, instead of going to the doctor? Smooth crosby Smooth. You and me? </3 </3 I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!