Chapter 21

SIDNEY'S POV

I went, along with Brandon, to find the same doctor that told us we'd have to give some blood to Kelsey.

"You ready?" We looked at each other.

"Yeah. Anything for Kelsey. We did win our game thanks to her."

I thought back to how well she handled the puck at goalie. She would let the puck become a nail-biting moment for the fans.

"Sid. He's ready."

We found the whole team in the office waiting. And their shirts read 'anything for Kelsey', which I thought was sweet.

"Did Brandon contact you guys?" I asked. "Yeah. The T-Shirts were already made. We had them made a few days ago." I wonder why?

KELSEY'S POV

I took one final look at the room I was in before closing my eyes.

I remember absolutely nothing. I don't even know who I am.

"Kelsey, we're ready." I opened my eyes and sat up.

"Kay."

One by one, I was given blood from each of the boys. 2 pints each.

"You can go home later today. Is there anyone we can contact?" I shrugged.

"I don't know."

"What she means is, there is someone. Have Brandon call him."

Brandon took my phone off of the nightstand. "Here. Let me call her brother." I started freaking out.

"I have a brother?!" Brandon's friend put his hand on mine.

"Calm down. It'll be alright." I didn't know how to respond to that.

SUTTER'S POV

"Hey Brandon."

"Hey Brandon. Why are you on my sisters phone?"

"No time for questions. Can you please come down to the hospital?"

"Uh yeah. Wait is my sister okay? I swear to god if you touched her-."

"No no no no no no no no no no. I did nothing of the sort. Just get the hell down here. Scuse my language."

I hung up and put Kelsey's phone back onto the table.

KELSEY'S POV

Another person walked into the room. Well he was kinda forcefully walking into the room.

"Hi Kelsey. Brandon just called me saying something was wrong." I still didn't know who he was.

"I'm sorry but I don't know you." And that was the dammed truth.

"It's okay. But what happened?" He asked nicely.

"Ask one of them," I replied.

"She cut off her hand and lost a ton of blood," Brandon's friend replied.

"Whoa. Why?"

I really wanted to just cuddle up on the couch with someone, but I forgot who it was.

"I dunno. She was mad at someone I guess."

***

A few hours later, I was at home, on the couch. "Um...Sidney, right?" He nodded.

"What's up?" I didn't know how long we had been going out, so I had to ask.

"Would you ever want to marry me?" He sat there and stared at the ceiling.

"Um...I don't know yet. But we've been going out for month next week." I guess that's a good thing.

"That's cool. I'm going to get some sleep. Wanna join me?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Sure."

***

Not long after we got settled under the covers, I was passed out, my head resting on his chest.

"I don't have answers. But could you please try and make nice with mom?" He asked.

"No! All I'll do is ruin it! Just like I ruin every other fucking thing in this world!" I yelled.

"It's not like that!" He yelled back. It got real quiet all of a sudden.

I sat up, sweating. "Hey you alright?" I nodded.

"Yeah." I felt like throwing up.

"Hey it's okay. You'll be alright baby doll." He kissed my forehead.

"T-thanks. B-but I'm just gonna go lay on the couch." I got up, shaking, and went onto the couch.

"Are you gonna be okay? I have to go to practice." I nodded.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine." I smiled weakly.

"Okay. Well...call me if you need me."

***

I was on my laptop, buying me a ticket back to New York. "Who needs a boyfriend when I've got clubs and Derek Jeter waiting for me back in NYC?" I laughed.