12: raconte

ACT 2 ⎯ SCENE 3.
SHE TELLS.

          FRIDAY NIGHTS ARE FOR PARTIES. For staying out late because you don't have to wake up early the next morning. They're for hanging out with friends and enjoying the short pause from life while you can. Go shopping, get drunk, do the things that young people do these days. But for Seojung, friday nights meant going straight to her apartment after her last class and stay in.

Takeout, her favorite pajamas, and a stack of dvds are usually what keeps her company for the rest of the night. Of course with the addition of jeon Jeongguk, who just so happens to have developed a fondness over her apartment and stays here more than he stays at his own dorm. He's always here. He follows her home after class, shows up during the weekends, and sometimes falls asleep and is forced to stay over because waking him up is a pain in the ass. He's like an attached puppy. Sometimes she asks herself if there's a point in him getting a dorm when all he does is hauls his ass over here. Maybe she should ask him to start paying rent, maybe that'll show him.

But is she really in a position to complain? Surely not when said boy is all over her, planting soft kisses on her jaw line. Jeongguk's really heavy—she doesn't know when he had gained all that weight and muscle—and it feels like she's sinking into the cheap couch and being crushed by his weight. Every time he nibbles on her neck, she wonders where he got the confidence to do things like this from. Has her shy and easily flustered boyfriend left her, replaced by this boy who she's sure can do wonders just with his mouth? At this point, she's going to end up with marks even before things escalate into something more. She really wishes they chose somewhere else to do this instead of the living room couch. The armrest is not exactly comfortable enough for her head to rest on.

Seojung feels bad for having her mind elsewhere when she should be focusing on his lips and him, but it's not like her thoughts aren't of him anyway. She threads her fingers through Jeongguk's hair as he moves to the base of her neck, eliciting a small gasp when he bites at the skin there. His mouth trails up, peppering her flesh with small kisses until he finally kisses her on the lips again. But right at that moment, Jeongguk's phone rings, vibrating on the coffee table and very much distracting both of them.

"aren't you going to get that?" Seojung asks after he pulls away. She puts her hands on his chest, keeping him from leaning down. "it could be important."

"This is more important." Jeongguk dives in for another kiss but Seojung's quick to place a hand over his mouth.

"Jeongguk! What if someone got into an accident? What if some died?"

He grabs her wrist to remove her hand from his mouth. "don't say that. That you're gonna jinx it." he sighs but gets off of her (and Seojung can finally breathe again) and sits up. Jeongguk looks cute like this; cheeks flushed, lips slightly swollen, and his dark hair sticking out everywhere in a mess. But then again, Jeongguk manages to look cute all the time. She sits up as well, ruffles his hair as he reaches for his phone and presses the green button.

"Hyung, I'm kind of busy." she chuckles. Jeongguk sounds like a teenage boy bringing home a girl for the first time but his mother keeps barging into his room while they're hanging out. "Can't you ask someone else to help?"

Seojung sits with her knees to her chest as Jeongguk talks on the phone. She looks at him, notices how his bottom lip juts out whenever he hears something that displeases him. It's cute. She reaches out and starts pinching his cheek, earning her an annoyed grunt from her boyfriend but it only makes her enjoy poking fun at him even more.