7 Minutes in Heaven

"(Y/N)! Help me!" Annabeth whined next to you.

"With what?" You glance over at what she's doing. She's tapping her pen against her chin, staring down at the list she was making.

"I'm planning tonight. Our group hasn't hung out together in a while, so we've decided to hang out tonight."

"And no one told me because....?" You raised an eyebrow.

"I just did." She smiled. "Now help me! I need a game to play..."

"Truth or Dare?"

"Maybe." She doesn't seem interested in that idea.

"Twister?"

"Travis and Connor lost that game somewhere in their cabin. But if they find it, sure." She writes down the idea.

Five minutes are spent thinking up things to do that night. You personally thought it'd be fine to just let the night unfold as it goes, but you know Annabeth and her lists and planning...

Suddenly, she perks up, saying, "Oh!" loudly. You jump from surprise.

"What?"

"7 Minutes in Heaven!"

You crinkle your nose. "I'm gonna pass. I never get paired with someone I like, and it gets awkward."

Annabeth frowns but shrugs. Then her eyes narrow at you. "Who do you like?"

You freeze. Yes, she's your best friend, but you don't want to tell her. She'd tease you or use that brain of hers to find a way to get you two to spend more time together.

Your crush isn't exactly someone who likes to hang out a lot or socialize, and probably won't be there tonight.

"I'm not saying." You state, staring her in the eyes.

She stares back. "Why not?"

You shrug. She sighs. "I will find out," she declares. You roll your eyes.

That night, everyone meets in the Poseidon cabin, since Zeus's doesn't have a small closet and Nico isn't willing to lend his cabin.

You and Annabeth get there and see Percy (obviously), Travis, Connor, Leo, Piper, Jason, and even Hazel and Frank. You feel disappointed not to see a particular person present.

You guys listen to music and play games, and when you guys finally finish Annabeth's list, you still have time for another game.

Travis and Connor whisper to each other, and everyone else talks about what to do.

Behind you, Nico appears, and at first you don't notice. But then Annabeth looks behind, you so you turn around a screech.

"Oh, you scared me," you mutter to Nico, blushing. You've liked Nico for quite a while.

"Sorry," he mutters back and sits with you guys in a circle, next to you. He wears a black shirt, black pants, and black shoes. No surprise there. But you think he looks kinda hot.

"Hey, Nico! You came!" Annabeth says. He just nods.

You notice Travis and Connor smirk at Nico, then at you and continue whispering.

They know your crush, but you threatened them to keep their mouths shut. You shoot them warning glances, and they just smile.

"We have an idea for our final game!" Travis announces. Oh no.

"Seven Minutes in Heaven!" Connor says.

No.

Nononono.

"OK!" Percy says, glancing at Annabeth. No one disagrees, though you and Nico both stay silent.

"Aw, the silent couple don't wanna play!" Travis grins at you an Nico. Your eyes widen, and you slightly blush. What?

"They even sit the same!" Percy laughs.

You look. Sure enough, you're both cross-legged, right elbow on right knee, and your fist holding up your chin.

You blush more and both of you change positions. Just your luck, you both change to putting both elbows on both knees, hands in front of you. You cross your arms. Thank goodness, he doesn't.

Your friends are laughing. Annabeth gives you a knowing look. Great, now she knows your crush.

Percy provides a container. All the girls turn around and wait as the boys each place an item in the container.

When they're done, Piper goes first. She ends up getting Leo.

"Don't try anything, Repair Boy!" She warns, and everyone laughs. Well, except Nico.

Seven minutes later, they both come out. So round one was boring. You go last, after Annabeth.

You close your eyes, reach under the cloth, and feel around.

"Just choose one!" Hazel laughs.

You smile and grab a random one. You pull it out.

It's a red W. What? Then you recognize it. You flip it around. It's a red M. You giggle.

"Hmm, let's see, who would have put in a McDonald's 'M' in there?" You tap your chin and smile at Nico. He turns light red.

You joke, but inside you were screaming and freaking out a little.

Nico stands up and helps you to your feet

You notice his hand lingers for a moment before letting go. Evidently, so do the others.

"Come on, Death Boy, you can grab her hand!" Leo says. In return, Nico glares at him.

The Stoll brothers, who aren't scared of anything, even Nico, shove you both in the closet.

The closet is small and dark, with low shelf on one side that works better as a seat, with short support beams under it. You both sit in the cramped space, silent for the first minute.

"So..." You say. "I'm bad with starting conversation."

Nico chuckles. "Same here."

After a moment:

"So... Was there someone out there you were hoping to get paired with?" His question takes you aback.

"Uh, um... Yes..." You mutter.

You can hear him nervously rubbing the top of his legs. "A-and... Did you...."

"Yes." You put your hand on his to stop him from continuing making that noise. Then blush.

WHAT AM I DOING? You think. You jut told your crush that you were hoping to get paired with him. And if he rejects you, you still have to sit there until 7 minutes are up. Oh no.

But Nico turns his hand over to intertwine his fingers with yours.

"Nico..." You gulp.

"(Y/N), I'm not sure how to say this..." His voice is quiet and low. Then he sighs and says something that sounds suspiciously like "F*ck it."

Without hesitation, he brings his lips to yours.

Your eyes widen, but soon flutter shut as you lose yourself in the kiss.

His lips move against yours, and his arms snake around you, pulling you closer.

You move your own arms around his neck.

He pulls you onto his lap, not breaking the kiss.

Just then, the door swings open, but Nico doesn't let you go. Everyone's laughs or 'ooh's are cut off, as Nico reaches over you and shuts the door, locking it from the inside, smirking against your lips.

His grin grows when you hear an upset Percy whine, "Come on, guys!"

"I love you, (Y/N)," Nico says.

"I love you, Nico." And you reconnect your lips. Just seven more minutes....