Drunk (pt.2) ~Sober~

It's been two days, and you've been avoiding Nico. You aren't ready to hear him tell you that he did what he did because he was drunk, that he still wanted to be friends, that it was a mistake.

Now, you're sitting by the beach, staring out at the waves. Your knees are pulled up to your chest. The sun is setting, painting the sky in orange and pink.

"(Y/n)?" You turn towards the voice, and freeze. Nico.

"Hi, Nico." You turn back around. He sits next to you.

"You know, it's hard to come find you when you're avoiding me."

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are, and I'd like to know why."

You trace your finger through the sand, watching the lines you make rather than look at him. Nico is different from drunk Nico. His voice, the way he talks. The again, so is everyone else. "You know why."

"No, actually, I don't. I know it has to do with....what I did, but that's it. I don't know if you're mad at me, or if you just don't feel the same, or if it was too soon...."

You stay silent.

"Maybe I shouldn't have done it...." You look away. "While drunk. (Y/n), I do like you.

"Nico, I doubt you even remember what you said 'while drunk'," you say angrily.

"Gods, you're stubborn. And I remember exactly what I said; I meant every word."

He looks you in the eye, smirking. "You don't believe me?"

A small smile touches your lips when you realize what he's doing. You shake your head.

"You should. It's true. I can prove it."

This time, you let him kiss you without protest.