R!NicoxC!Reader(2)

One year later

When he said he'd wait, he meant it. For a few months, he continued to see you and spent more time with you. Then, he took you to meet his father.

It was.... eventful.

Four months after meeting Nico

First, his father thought he'd brought a villager with a complaint. Then he laughed when Nico said he wanted to marry you. When he realized he was serious....

"This?! This is what you meant when you said you found someone?! It's unacceptable!"

"She is not an it, and she is no less than any of the girls you would have chosen," Nico says slightly angry.

"No less?" The king huffed. "Except for education, manners, posture, noble blood, money, experience in being high born --"

"She has something better." Nico cuts off his father curtly.

"Oh really?" He asked sarcastically.

"She has her own mind, good morals, and a good heart."

The king was as red as a tomato. He got redder, like a bomb ready to go off. He burst and lashed out at his cup of wine, sending it towards you, spilling at your feet. "There, peasant, clean it. Show my son how low you are in comparison."

You don't have to take this. You aren't a peasant. So you kick the cup expertly back to king, the cup soaring right past his head. You had practice playing with a ball with your brother.

"Ahh! Treason! She attacked her king!"

"She does have one thing in common with a noble lady: short temper," Nico commented.

After the king cooled down, he ordered his son to speak with him privately.

After an hour, Nico said you could stay in the palace, along with your family. That's where you've been since.

Present day (a year after the last chapter)

Since then, the king had grown used to you. He almost liked you even. You've gotten the habit of a straighter posture and using some proper manners, though Nico says you don't need to change.

Four months after meeting the king, he became awfully sick. After a month of struggle, he passed.

Nico was heartbroken. He became isolated for an entire month. You helped him recover, and soon his coronation came.

It was a grand ceremony, with many guests, lots of food, and beautiful music. But Nico wasn't as happy as many of the guests. He left early, and you followed, leaving his sister, the princess Hazel, to watch over the party.

You and Nico talk a lot, or as much as he talks. He walks with you through town or the gardens. He showed you the library. You've grown immensely closer.

Now, three months later, it's been a year since meeting Nico and a month since marriage preparations were started.

Maids hustle about, Hazel fretting over making everything perfect. She doesn't order any one around, or point out everything she doesn't like, but she's very nervous and the maids pay attention to what she looks at with an unsure look.

That night, girls and ladies rush around you in your room, making sure you look perfect. You wear a white dress with a long train (removable for dancing), mixed with the main color of the royal family (choose a color). The color is the trim of the dress, the waist design of delicate swirls, and the tint of the thin layer of fabric over your train/cape.

They leave you at the door to the throne room. Your brother stands at your side. (I know this probably isn't part of the old traditions for royal weddings, but I wanted to add it.) The doors open, and you are shown the scene of a crowd of people staring at you, Nico in particular. Your brother walks with you to Nico, and leaves you towards the front. You continue to your fiancé.

You face him, beaming. You weren't much that type of girl, but hey, it's your wedding day. You started from nothing, but happened to catch the eye of the prince and now you're becoming queen.

You eye the crown.

Queen.

Suddenly, your overly nervous. Your smile starts to fade.

"Don't be nervous. You'll make a great queen. I'll be there to help," Nico whispers. As usual, he read your mind. You calm a little, and the ceremony continues.

As the ceremony continues and vows are said, you notice Nico is just as nervous as you are, if not more. His face is tinted red, he avoids looking towards the crowd, and he almost stutters.

Finally, the ceremony is complete. Nico is still red when you lean in and softly connect your lips. The crowd cheers and you pull away.

"I announce you, (y/n), Queen of Narnia." {{I can't think of another name, ok?}}

After that, people socialize while eating from the tables along the side of the room. They come up to you on your throne and Nico on his to congratulate you, though some do so with displeasure.

You are, after all, a born low-blood.

Nico still looks uncomfortable in his father's seat, but he seems a little more relaxed. Your hands are connected the rest of the celebrations, except for the dance for the king and queen.

Nico dances effortlessly from years of practice. You struggle, but manage. Nico gazed into your eyes, and you gaze into his.

At the end of the song, you both resort to swaying. Your hands are around his neck and your head is on his chest. His arms are wrapped around your torso.

At the end of the night, your arms are around his waist, still hugging. With the swaying close to putting you to sleep, you hear him whisper quietly the words you've been waiting to hear.

"I love you."

You smile into his shirt. "I love you too."

He lets out a breath, as if he'd been holding it in fear you wouldn't say it back. You hug him tighter and smile brighter.

Just one year ago, you were barely scraping by with a sick brother; now your family lives with you in a castle with you as the Queen and your husband is the King.

A king who was a prince with a good heart. He never socialized at every event, he didn't frequently visit the people as a royal, and he didn't smile every time someone was watching.

But he has a good heart and mind, and he fell in love with you.

Part 2 requested by: a lot of people.
Lol

@CheshirePeace
@Marisparkle
@kittyfriend303
@EMY_TIGGER
@Michelle09ghost
@kwonjhi
@Mikayla_Ackerman
@SassyPuppyKitten
@saphire_rose123

I'm sorry this took a while, I also need to update my two other pjo fanfics. Plus I have another account with a book that needs updating.

On top of that, school's picking up pace and I'm becoming more occupied.

I'm sorry 🙁

But here it is! Part 2!