Mortal!Reader

Requested by: @Marisparkle

This is the first mortal reader one I've done, so.....
Ya. :D

You lift the bag up higher on your shoulder. School just started that week, and already the teachers were giving you homework. So now you have to walk home with a bag of homework. The sun was still bright in the sky; it's still summer.

Once you get to your house, you grab (fav snack) and eat it before going up to your room, shutting the door.

"I really need to do my homework...." You think.

Instead you turn towards your bed to take a "short" nap. But you freeze when the space in front of you seems.... darker. Your heart beats harder as the shadows begin to solidify into a boy. It took barely two seconds, but it seemed to take longer.

Your body and mind goes into self-defense mode as you jump on the boy, both of you falling on the floor. You press your forearm to his neck, having no idea what you're doing, but you've seen movies.

The first thing you do is scream.

You were to shocked to do it before, but now that you do, he covers your mouth with his hand.

"Shh! Um,.... Just, don't scream, please?"

Eyes wide, you slowly nod, and he hesitantly takes his hand away. "Hi, uh.... My names Nico...."

"Wha..... o-ok.... W-what are you doing in my room? And HOW DID YOU GET HERE?!"

"Calm down! I'll explain! If I can...."

You squint at him. But you need to find out how he got here. But he could be a shadow monster that you look for in the closet...

You help him up, brushing yourself off. "You have one minute." You mentally cheer yourself for sounding so in control. Your grip never slips from his arm.

"Oh, uh....um, well..." He stutters. He's suddenly holding something long and black in his hand. "What is this?"

"A-a sword?" You gulp.

He mutters something about "the sight".

Your face can be described in two symbols:  ?  !

"What?"

"Uh, nothing..."

"Forty seconds."

"Um, I was sent by your friend to prank you?"

"Thirty."

"Ok! I'm a half-blood and I can travel through shadows and I accidentally wound up here!"

"That's..... What's a half-blood?"

"Demigod.... One parent a god, one parent mortal."

The next ten minutes are spent him inching towards the shadows, but you're smart enough to realize that "shadow-traveling" can only be done in shadows. So you keep him in the light.

He talks as little as possible, obviously stalling.

If stalling isn't working, I need to distract her...., he thinks.

"I like that band," he says, totally random, pointing to a poster behind you. You glance behind you, he leaps back towards the shadows, and you instinctively grab him.