Douchey Rick

There's two cuss words.... Both are kind of bleeped.... I feel awkward.... Derp.

You lay on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. You're in your friend's cabin, because it's empty and no one else ever comes here. Well, except him.

"(Y/n), get up," Nico says again, nudging you with his foot.

"No," you repeat.

"Please?"

"But I don't want to go to the campfire."

"Why not?" He puts his hand over his eyes, getting slightly annoyed.

"Because Rick will be there," you mutter. Rick is your boyfriend. It started as a dare to date the son of Ares for a week, and you were happy when it was over. But he refused to let you go, and always hung around claiming you as his. You just couldn't tell him no enough times for him to finally understand you don't like him.

He's a douche. As a son of Ares, his favorite hobby is killing monsters. So you don't even get to see your 'boyfriend' a lot.

But he was still sweet sometimes. He gave you a bouquet of thorny, blood red roses once. They hurt to hold, but it's the thought that counts. And sometimes he'd kiss you on your temple or cheek and hold your hand. But you just don't.... love him.

"You've found ways to avoid him before," Nico insists, toeing the ground.

"This is different. I don't want to even see him, Nico," you groan. He looks over at you. You almost always call him Neeks, not Nico. That's how he knows when something is wrong.

"Why? What happened?"

You curl over onto your side. "Nothing. I just don't want to see him," you mumble.

Nico crouches beside you and makes you sit up onto your knees. "(Y/n), what's wrong." He sounds deadly serious and is already getting angry. "I swear, if he laid a hand on you --"

"No, no! It-- It's not that. He..." You look away. He puts a hand on your cheek and makes you look at him.

"You can tell me anything."

You shake your head. "It's stupid. I don't even like him, so I shouldn't care." Nico's look says (y/n) if you don't tell me I'll have Piper make you.

"He cheated on me. Like, intensely cheated on me. I'd rather not go into details. And then he yelled at me for getting upset. And.... he.... He almost slapped me, but I turned and ran."

Nico got angrier at each word, his hands balled into fists. Before he could shadow travel away, you grabbed his arm. "Wait -- please, stay. I- I need someone who might actually care." You pray you don't sound stupid or self-pitying.

His face softens and he pulls you to his chest in a hug. You let a few silent tears escape. "I don't love him, but he was still my first boyfriend. He still treated me like his girlfriend, he tried to be less violent."

"He spent very little time with you, constantly put you down, teased you, had anger issues, and is not deserving of you at all."

You smile and pull back a little. "Thanks, Neeks. I needed that." He wipes away a tear. You don't think he understands how thankful you are for him, so you lean up and press your lips to his. Right after, you bury your head back into his chest.

He's stiff as a statue, but you don't care at the moment. He soon relaxes and his arms tighten around you. He kisses the top of your head.

That night at the campfire, you hold Nico's hand as he glares at Rick. Rick approaches you before you even reach the rest of the group.

"(Y/n), I'm so sorry! It was a mistake, I shouldn't have done that and I shouldn't have tried to hit you!" He tried to ignore Nico's constant glaring.

"No. I'm done. I never loved you in the first place, and I've told you that a thousand times. You treated me like your property, something to pull out of your pocket when you felt you needed it. F*ck off." You hold your chin high.

His eyes flash with anger. "You little --" his hand rises, but Nico latches his hand onto Rick's wrist.

"Touch her, you'll regret it," Nico hisses. By now campers are watching with interest.

"And who are you? The backup boyfriend? My replacement?" Rick snaps. Nico twists his wrist painfully behind his back.

"I'm the person who's gonna kick your a** if you don't back off." Nico growled and shoved Rick away. Rick glares before turning and walking away.

Rick never bothered you again after that. You woke up the next morning cuddled with Nico, happier than you've been in months. You lost a douche and gained a Nico.

I'm so sorry its horrible lol