Different

(These characters will forever be hers.)

Hermione POV

He's different. I know that much for sure. He actually said sorry, he apologised! I was stunned. I couldn't even think about the fact that he loved me, I love Ron, besides, I had too much on my mind to think about the owner of those grey eyes that were trained on the road. They were like the kind of storm clouds that roll over the ocean. Those types of clouds are different from normal clouds, I don't know how, but they are.

The car stopped, he went around and opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I gave him a confused smile.

"Of course."

We then started walking up to the hotel. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he replied.

"Why are you even in Australia?"

"Oh, well they always say that Australia's the land of new beginnings, and I needed one of those. My mother is still in England, she wants to be more present in Andy and Teddy's lives, so she's apologising too." he opened the hotel door and we walked into the lobby.

"Your father?" I asked hesitantly. He hadn't mentioned the man the entire time that we'd been talking.

"Azkaban. He wanted us to try to get him out, but I didn't want to." he stared down at his feet.

"Why? What happened?" I asked gently. He couldn't look at me.

"Another time." he grimaced and we went into the elevator. I pressed the third button.

We walked out and tried to find my room. "Which one is it?"

"394."

"Okay, um, there to the right."

I got out the room key and swiped it. We walked in and to my horror, clothes were all strewn across the bed. I could feel my cheeks turning red as I cleaned them up.

"The famous Hermione Granger, 'Brightest Witch of Her Age', helper of the Chosen One, has a messy room."I could practically sense the smirk on his face.

"That's enough." I snapped. "You can make yourself useful and get my toiletries out of the bathroom."

He laughed and did as I said. My bag has an undetectable extension charm, so it just appears as a large blue tote bag.

"Ready?"

"Yes." we walked down he stairs and I checked out of the hotel. Then, we got back into the car.

"Where are we going to apparate?"

"At this nearby park. There are many trees, that way, we won't be seen."

"Okay."

He then turned up the radio.

"I love this song!" I screamed.

"So do I!" We then belted out and sung as much as we could. Draco actually isn't that bad at singing. But he couldn't hit the high notes. The song then ended.

"I didn't know you liked muggle music?" I smiled

"Yeah, the truth is, all Slytherins blast it in the common room. But don't tell anyone, or I'd have to kill you." It was my turn to laugh.

We turned up at the park and he opens my door for me again. Then, we venture into the trees.

"Here's good." he stopped. I then grabbed his hand, his was much bigger than mine. It was warm. He then squeezed mine. I felt my heart beat fast, but I wasn't sure why. Then, I felt a tug in my gut and felt the feeling of apparation. Then, we were in another park, but this one felt colder. I shivered.

"No, they wouldn't be here. They can handle cold in winter, but not in the warmer months."

"Okay." he said and grabbed my hand. I closed my eyes. After the twisting feeling, I opened my eyes. We had arrived in Canberra. I saw the lake, and I knew this was where they'd be.

"This is it," I paused. "I'll ask a directory for a phone book."

"A what?" he asked.

"A phone book. It's where they have everyone's phone numbers."

"That would help, if I didn't know a locating charm."

"Smart alec." I rolled my eyes. "Well, cast it."

He whispered some words and a bronze light appeared. It was like a pathway.

"C'mon, let's go."

We followed it, it was twisting around trees and lakes, until eventually it lead to a white house.

"Is this it?"

"I guess."

"Are you, okay?"

"I don't know." I whimpered, then told myself to straighten up. He cautiously put his arm around my shoulders, I didn't stop him.

I rung the doorbell and then stood back.

"Yes?" It was them.

"Mum, Dad!" I ran to them and gave them both a huge hug. They awkwardly put their arms around me.

"Excuse me, can we come in?" Draco asked.