I'm Pregnant

(Disclaimer: Not JKR, sorry)

Draco POV

It had been a couple of years since our honeymoon. I was reading a muggle book, it was really good.

"Draco?" Hermione asked.

"Yeah?" I replied, by eyes still glued to the pages.

"Can you look at me?"

"What is it?" I locked eyes with her, concerned now.

"Draco, I'm..." she smiles. "I'm pregnant!" she squeals.

I can't process it, I get up and lift Hermione, twirling her in the air. "I'm gonna be a father!" I grin.

"We're gonna be parents!" she smiles and I laugh.

I put her down and bend down, so my head is level with her stomach.

"Hey, kid. This is your dad. I want you to know that you have been wanted for a while, and your parents both love you very much. You are going to have an amazing life, travelling, learning, having fun and will always be provided for. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. You are so loved. I'll buy you books and teach you to play quidditch. If you're my son, you'll be a real ladies' man. If you're my daughter, then I'm not going to let any boy near you."

"Draco!" Hermione shakes her head. "If you weren't allowed near me-"

"That's different." I say, then glance back to her stomach. "Look, I don't mind if you're a boy or a girl, I'll love you no matter what. I'll never let you down. I'm going to be a better father than mine ever was. You have three grandparents and many many friends. You don't have any brothers or sisters yet, but someday you will."

"I love you." Hermione grins at me.

"I love you too." I stand up again. "I'm gonna help in every way I can. Whether it's cravings, mood swings or morning sickness."

"I know you will. You're the best husband a woman could ask for."

"That's why you married me," I say cheekily and she kisses my cheek.

"We can write to our parents, then can we see Blaise, Lucy and baby Luka?"

"Of course, then, we can see Harry and Ginny." I say, Harry and I were very good friends now.

We sit down and write our letters, I'm finished soon and so is Hermione.

"Ready to apparate?" I ask and she nods. We take hands and appear at Blaise's front door. She knocks, too excited to contain herself.

Lucy appears, with baby Luka in her arms. He's only a few months old. "Hi, this was unexpected. Come in," she says and we join her in the sitting room.

"Hey, the Malfoys, what brings you here?" Blaise asks.

"Well-"

"I'm pregnant!" Hermione squeals.

"What? Congratulations!" Blaise hugs the both of us.

"Yes, that's amazing." Luka switches to his father's arms and Lucy hugs us both.

"You've been trying for a couple of years now, right?"

"Yeah, since our honeymoon." I answer. That was a fear of ours, that Hermione wouldn't be able to get pregnant. But here we are now.

***

"Hi, come on in," Harry puts his arms around us both and we sit down.

"Hermione, Draco, what's this about?" Ginny asks, a smile on her face.

"Hermione's pregnant!" I grin.

"Really? Oh my god, congratulations!" Ginny hugs Hermione and high fives me.

"You'll both be amazing parents!" Harry lifts Hermione up and she giggles. He then shakes my hand.

"What's happening here?" Ron asks, he's still single. But we're all fine now, time heals all wounds.

"Hermione's pregnant." Harry tells him.

"Congrats," he replies and hugs her.

"Who else have you told?" Ginny asks.

"Our parents, Blaise and Lucy." Hermione answers.

"Are you going to find out the gender?"

We hadn't talked about this, but I look into her deep brown eyes and suddenly know the answer. "No, we want it to be a surprise."

"Oooh, that's exciting. A little Malfoy running around. I wonder what they'll look like?"

"I'm imagining a girl with Draco's eyes, and straight brown hair. Or a little boy with curly blonde hair and deep brown eyes. A girl with Hermione's skin but Draco's smirk," Ginny grins happily and we all end up joining her, imagining mine and Hermione's future child's life.

I've always wanted to be a father. I knew that I'd be better than my own. I also know that Hermione's going to be a brilliant mother. There's no one in the whole world I'd rather have kids with.