Better Than I Ever Imagined

(Still haven't magically changed into JKR)

Draco POV

I picked up the roses. I was devastated, The girl I loved, said she fell for me, but I'd blown it. I'd screwed up, big time. I turned and saw Blaise inside Flourish and Blotts, he was flirting with the girl at the desk, she was pretty. I ended up just apparating home. I started heaps of letters, but none of them seemed right. I could just see her face, her eyes full of tears and hate. I could still do something, though.

I apparated to the Ministry of Magic, I needed to have words with Ms Elleworth.

I walked up to the desk, the same person was there. "I need to speak to Ms Elleworth."

"She is currently meeting with someone, I - Sir, you can't go in there. Mr Malfoy, she's in a-" I walked in anyway.

"Mr Malfoy-"

"Deal's off." I turned and saw her talking to the Minister of Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"What deal, Mr Malfoy?"

"He's just um," Ms Elleworth said hastily. She obviously did't want the deal getting out. I could tell him, but that wouldn't give me a good rep. Oh well. I could deal with the consequences.

"Mr Shacklebolt, Ms Elleworth came up with a deal, I needed to get Hermione Granger to date me, then she would give me press for an anti-abuse organisation. I'm breaking this deal now."

"Is this true, Ms Elleworth?" the Minister asked.

"Um, uh," she stared helplessly at him. "Yes."

"Then, your position here is in jeopardy. Congratulations on cancelling Mr Malfoy. That was a good choice. You may get your press after all."

"Yes Sir."

***

I went to open my front door, only to have Blaise answer it.

"You idiot."

"I told her the truth, just like you said."

"You wrecked her. You could've said it differently."

"It doesn't matter, anyway. I've blown it." I sighed. "She said she fell for me, but she only liked me. That's obvious."

"You idiot! She loves you!" Blaise shouted. My breath caught in my throat.

"She, does?"

"Yes, god you can be stupid. Why do you think she got so upset?"

"I," I shook my head. "I told you. I've blown it. She hates me now. With good reason."

"She doesn't hate you. She hates that she loves you." he looked at me knowingly.

She loves me. I don't deserve it, but I have a chance. I needed to do something, it couldn't be something small. I mentally planned it out, At sunset, I would use my broom to fly to her place, with a bouquet of roses, white this time. I'd convince her to come with me. Then, we'd fly over to Hogwarts, I'd land at the great lake and we'd have dinner by the water. I turned to Blaise.

"Can you help me?"

"Yes?"

"Okay, I have this idea..." I explained it to him.

"Draco, I didn't know that you were a romantic." Blaise laughed.

"Well, I just have to make the plan work," I started, when Blaise cut me off.

"It'll work. We just need to wait until sunset. I can help set up the dinner by the lake, but he rest is on you. Don't screw it up."

"I won't. I can't." I resolved. I thought of where a basket and rug would be. "Accio." I murmured and saw the stuff at my feet. "Thanks Blaise. We can set up now."

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"What?"

"The food?"

"Oh, yeah." I laughed and conjured up sandwiches, butterbeer and strawberries dipped in chocolate.

"Let's go. Brooms?"

"Yeah. Do you need one?"

"Nah, I used one to get here. Okay then, let's go." We mounted them and zoomed. I closed my eyes and felt the wind. I had wanted to play quidditch, when I was a kid. But now I see helping others is more important.

Soon, we landed. We set up everything.

"Good to go?" Blaise asked.

"Yeah." I felt my chest tighten. I got on the broom and took a deep breath.

"Don't wreck it. She's at my house." he advised and soon, he was gone. I urged my broom forward, soon, I was there.

I could see her shape through the window. Well, It was now or never. I stood up on the broom and knocked on the window. I startled her, she jumped.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" she asked coldly. The obvious switch from first to last name hurt.

" I was an idiot. I screwed everything up and I'm sorry. But what isn't ruined is the fact I love you. Yes Hermione! I love you, I messed up and I'm going to spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to you. Please, just come with me." I handed her the white roses. She looked at me.

"If I say no?"

"Then I'll go away, if that's what you want." I replied and turned away.

"Wait!" she called out. I turned back around, I was hopeful.

"Yeah,"

"I'll go with you," she breathed. I grinned. "But, I, I don't like heights."

"That's okay. Just get on, I won't let you fall." I took her hand, she got onto the front of the broom, I then sat down. She was facing me. I started to urge the broom forward, but slowly. Our eyes were locked the entire time.

"Draco, I think," she paused. "I think I love you."

I leaned in, this time she didn't pull away. I kissed her. I moved my arms to her waist, pulling her closer. I felt fireworks. This was better than I ever imagined.