I Fell For You

A/N: WOW! Thanks for 2k reads! I'm so grateful to all of you!

(Not JKR)

Hermione POV

I literally stopped to smell the roses. They were beautiful, all red and full of bloom. The looked like they were smiling at me.

"I did it. I broke up with Ron last night." I grinned.

"You did?" he seemed really happy. Now that I was single, I let myself look at Draco. He was wearing muggle clothes, (same as me) but, well, I couldn't deny it; he was handsome. The T-shirt showed the muscles Quidditch had toned and the jeans made his grey eyes pop. He no longer slicked his hair back, it was a bit longer too. I realised I had been staring for too long and looked away.

"Yeah, your turn." I smiled. He grimaced and stared at the floor.

"Hermione, my intentions with you weren't as pure as I made them out to be." he paused. "I made a deal with the Daily Prophet." he stopped and looked at me guiltily.

"What was the deal?" I tried to keep my voice steady.

"At first, I went to them to get press, to help start up the organisation, to help abused kids." he took a deep breath. "But the head, Ms Elleworth, said that the public wouldn't believe it. That someone had to prove to them that I'd changed. She suggested you, if I could get you to go out with me, then she would print what I wanted."

"So you started all this for a story?" I whimpered. He started talking again.

"But I wasn't lying. I did like you in school, but I thought it was just an attraction, that I had moved on. But when I saw you and became your friend, I started falling for you, hard."

"You liar! You haven't changed!"

"I have, Hermione I swear, I have!" he pleaded.

"Well, you did it." I heard my voice shake. I felt my cheeks go red and my eyes start to water. "I fell for you." I tried to glare at him. His eyes were a mixture of happiness, sadness and guilt. I ran back into Flourish and Blotts, dropping the roses. I saw Blaise, he was flirting with the girl at the desk. They seemed happy, so I just apparated back to his house. I ran into my room and sobbed. It was only when I realised I loved him, he turned out to be a jerk. I just sat there for a while, until I heard Blaise come home.

"I'm going to kill him." he wrapped his arms around me.

"I fell for him, Blaise, I fell in love with him. But he hasn't changed, it was all a lie." I said quietly.

"Not all of it."

"What?" I turned to face him.

"He came over yesterday and left before you arrived. He was ranting to me, about his feelings for you and the deal."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I told him to tell you the truth. That was the right thing to do, right?"

"Yes. Now I know." I forced a smile. "So how about that girl you were flirting with? At Flourish and Blotts?"

He grinned. "Her name is Lucy Cooper. She's really witty and..."

"And?"

"She's gorgeous. Her hair was a bit like yours, only darker. Her eyes sparkled when she smiled. She's beautiful, very old world type beautiful." he finished.

"So, Astoria's out of the picture?" I asked coyly.

"Completely. We have a date scheduled, Lucy and I. Tomorrow night. Where should I take her?"

"Well, probably not the Three Broomsticks, or Madam Puddifoots." I laughed.

"C'mon, Hermione."

"You really like her, huh?" I smiled.

"Yeah." he said wistfully.

"Well, why don't you take her to Hannah and Neville Longbottom's place? I heard they sold the Leaky Cauldron and are now managing somewhere more upmarket. I could probably get you a reservation?"

"Yes, that'd be great." he smiled gratefully.

"I'll owl him now." I got out the parchment and ink.

"Hermione?"

"Yeah?"

"You sure that you're okay?"

I paused. "I will be." I forced a smile and got writing. Afterwards I attached the note to Blaise's owl. It flew off into the sky.