Dreams and Nightmares

(Disclaimer: I'm not JKR, not making any money)

Hermione POV

I just stare at the ring, it's beautiful. Draco went all out. I'm getting married! I still can't believe it! I anxiously wait at the Weasley Brunch. Draco is by my side, even though Ron and I are long over, I'm still invited.

"So, what was your news?" Harry asks, while putting a piece of bacon on his plate.

"Well, a couple of nights ago, Draco asked me to marry him," I hold up my hand. "And I said yes."

"Hermione!!!!!!" I am hugged from every direction and I see a couple of guys shake Draco's hand. The only person who isn't happy is Ron, who's stuffing his face.

We get heaps of questions, and Ginny is actually happy that we'll be wed before her.

"It means that I can learn from your wedding."

"Yeah, good luck." Harry laughs.

***

"So, you said yes then?"

"Yes." I hug my parents.

"When's the wedding going to be?"

"15th of October."

"Sounds nice. Would you mind, wearing these at your wedding?" My mother shows me a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings,

"Of course, they're beautiful,"

"Like you." my father smiled and hugged me. He shook Draco's hand, I think that they are starting to be friends. Or maybe that's wishful thinking.

***

"You did it." Blaise and Draco hugged, it reminded me of Joey and Chandler from F.R.I.E.N.D.S

"Yeah, I did." Draco grins and I laugh.

"My best friends." Blaise hugs me.

"How's it gonna feel to be Mrs Malfoy?"

"Well, nice, obviously, but my childhood self would disagree."

"You didn't think I was cute in school?" Draco looks shocked.

"I thought you were, but you were also a git, so that cancelled out the cute part." I explain and Blaise laughs.

"What do you reckon would've happened if I was nice to you, in school, I mean?"

"I don't know, but we would've been together a lot sooner." I answer. we don't talk about school too much, but his eyes tell me that he's really sorry.

"If only I wasn't such a jerk."

"If only." I sigh. I almost forget Blaise is there. "Blaise, do you wanna play truth or dare with the wedding party?" I ask suddenly.

"Hell yeah!"

"What's truth or dare? Draco asks, reminding me of his pureblood roots.

Blaise explains and Draco likes the idea.

"I'll call up Harry, Ginny, Neville, Hannah, Lucy and Luna." I say and pick up my phone.

"Tell 'em my address." Blaise calls out. Soon, all of them arrive. Blaise gets on well with everyone, Draco and Luna actually gets on well, surprisingly.

"Truth or dare?" Ginny asks Blaise.

"Dare!" he calls back.

"I thought the gryffindors were the daring ones," Harry laughs.

"Some secrets are worth keeping." he says seriously. Lucy edges closer to him.

"Well, your dare is... to jump off the roof."

"All good with me." Blaise grins and runs downstairs, we all follow him. Lucy bites her lip. He climbs up the house. Well, house isn't a grand enough term. It's not as big as the manor, it's somewhere in between. He winks, then jumps. Lucy sneezes and he lands on his feet, in perfect shape.

"How did you do that?" Neville asks in wonder.

"It's the wrackspurts, they created a slide for him." Luna explains dreamily.

"I'm just that awesome." He grins and pulls Lucy to him and we walk back inside. I have a suspicion, I think Lucy performed wandless magic, no easy feat.

"Lucy, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"What do you like most about me?"

"Someone's trying to boost his ego." Hannah laughs at Blaise.

"All of you." she answers and Blaise kisses her.

"Draco, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Did you ever see a boy called Christian? He would've been eleven and had dark brown hair?" she sounds serious and the mood suddenly changes.

"No, I'm sorry."

"Who was he, to you?" Neville asks and Blaise puts his arm around Lucy, protectively.

"He was my cousin. I''m a muggle-born, but Christian displayed signs of magic. When all of this started happening, he went on the run with me. But, he and I got separated, when a group of snatchers found us. I got away, but I wasn't sure if he got caught. I haven't seen him since." Lucy tells us then stares at the floor.

"I'm sorry." Hannah says and we all murmur apologies.

"Does anyone have nightmares?" Luna asks suddenly and we all turn to her. No one says anything for a couple of seconds.

"Yes. I still dream I'm on the run, or being tortured. I dream of the bodies we saw, of the injuries." I admit, I didn't expect myself to say anything, but this feels good, to get it off my chest.

"I do. I have since first year. Voldemort, possessed me, you all know. But I couldn't get him out of my head." Ginny whimpers.

"I have nightmares too." Harry adds.

"I have nightmares about Christian and the snatchers."

"I have nightmares about the punishments." Neville shudders.

"So do I." Hannah said.

"I have nightmares about the things I saw." Blaise answers.

"I have nightmares about what they made me do, about what I did. I have nightmares about what happened to Hermione and the innocents." Draco says quietly. I sit near him and hold his hand. Somehow I know we both won't have to deal with the nightmares alone anymore.

"Good to know it's not just me." Luna replies.

Dreams and Nightmares can be terrible, terrible things.