Other People's Relationships

(Disclaimer: If I were JKR, Harry Potter would be different)

Hermione POV

"I got the job! The interviewer loved me, he said he wants me to start next week."

"That's great 'Mione!" Ginny said. I was currently at her house, with Harry.

"So, what news did you have for me?"

"Well," she held out her hand, on her fourth finger was a diamond.

"Oh my god! Congratulations!" I squealed, Harry grinned.

"'Mione?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you be my maid of honour?"

"Of course!" I got up and hugged her, she was pink with excitement. I then hugged Harry.

"Soon, I'll be able to call her my wife." Harry pulled her close to him.

"We want to have a spring wedding, so we're thinking April next year."

"That sounds amazing."

"So, the other bridesmaid is going to be Luna."

"My best man is going to be Ron, the groomsmen are going to be Neville and George." Harry said. I felt sick. Of course Ron would be Harry's best man. He's his best friend.

"That should be great." I force a smile.

"Speaking of." Harry laughs and Ron enters.

"Hello." Ron looks at me.

"Hello Ron." I reply.

We organise more and more wedding stuff, Ginny wants the bridesmaid dresses to be pink. Soon, it's time to go. I get my stuff.

"Hermione,"

"Yeah?" I turn to face Ron.

"Do you wanna be my date to the wedding? I am the best man, you're the maid of honour, it makes sense."

"Oh, sorry but no. I'll go with Draco." I answer and Ron's ears go red.

"Still with him, huh?"

"Yes." my tone of voice is hostile. "You can always ask someone else?"

"Yeah. Maybe I'll ask Fleur's little sister."

"Oh, okay."

"What?"

"Um, Ron, she's gay."

"What?"

"Yeah, she's dating Luna right now." I reply.

"I'll find someone else then." he storms back into the burrow and I shake my head.

I apparate to Blaise's place. He opens the door for me and we go inside.

"Hermione, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Lucy." he shows her off, she is very beautiful.

"Oh, you're Hermione!" her eyes light up and Blaise gives her a look. "Hi."

"Hi."

"What do you do?" I ask and she blushes.

"I work part time at Flourish and Blotts, and I'm going into my seventh year of Hogwarts."

"What house are you in?"

"I'm a Ravenclaw. What do you do?"

"Well, I actually just got a new job, I'm fighting for the rights of house elves."

"SPEW." Blaise laughs.

"Oh, shut up." I roll my eyes.

We all chat for ages. Lucy is into books just as much as I am. The way Blaise looks at her, I know it's going to last, even though she's two years younger.

"Sorry to kick you out, Hermione, but we have a date."

"Of course, I'll head off now." I say and leave. I decide to go to the three broomsticks, I see Neville with Dean and Seamus.

"Hey." I call out and all three heads turn around.

"Hermione," Neville pulls me into a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm great!" I smile. "Hi Seamus, Dean."

"Check this out!" Seamus shakes my hand and I see two rings on his fingers. I turn to Dean and see his rings match too.

"Did you?"

"Yes, we eloped! Say hello to the Misters Finnigan Thomas." Dean shakes my hand too.

"I'm so happy for you guys! When did this happen?"

"Well, not too long ago, actually. We only just got back from Ireland, but we got engaged here."

"How did that happen?"

"It was actually your boyfriend that suggested we get married, despite the laws." Dean explains.

"My boyfriend?"

"Yeah, Draco Malfoy." Seamus explains how Dean proposed and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"He really has changed, you know."

"Yeah, I do." I say softly, before glancing to Neville.

"I'm okay with it. He has apologised to me and wants to make up for what he did. Besides, I'm not going to hold on to a grudge, the war has changed us all." Neville says wisely.

I thank Neville, then ask him what job he has. He tells me how Professor Sprout is retiring at the end of this year and how he's going to try out to be the herbology professor. I tell him that he's be amazing and he thanks me, a smile on his face. I check my watch, it's time to go.

I leave, my day was full of other people's relationships, I needed to go back to my own.