To Believe or Not to Believe

A/N: Thanks so much for all of the reads!

(Disclaimer: If I were JK Rowling I would not be doing this, believe me)

Hermione POV

I heard excerpts of Draco's apology to Harry: "I was a jerk and I have no excuse. But believe me, I'm sorry."

"I do believe you are capable of change, but this was sudden."

"I know. I also want to thank you, for testifying for my mother and I. It saved us, you know."

That was all I heard. "You found your parents, then?" Ron asked and put his arms around my waist.

"Yeah, they are going to move back to England, to be closer to me."

"And our family." Ron whispered into my ear. I laughed and squirmed. "About Malfoy, though..." he said, louder this time, so his family could hear.

"I know. But he made this huge speech, apologising for everything. He wants to be friends now."

"Have you forgiven him?" Ginny asked. The Weasleys leaned in at this.

"I said that we could start over, begin again."

"Is that really the right choice, 'Mione?"

"I do think he's genuinely sorry. He opened up to me, he's been through a lot too."

"What could've excused-"

"May I speak to Ron Weasley, now?" Draco turned up. Harry was giving him a side-wards glance. Ron removed his arms and squeezed my hand, before following Draco.

"What did he say?" Mr Weasley questioned.

"Well, I know that you guys heard some of it, but he apologised and wants to be friends now."

"Do you think it's genuine?"

"I do know that Draco Malfoy is good at deceiving people, but he did seem genuine in his thanks for me and 'Mione testifying for him. The rest, I'm not sure. I want to believe it, but I just don't know."

Harry grabbed Ginny's hand and I smiled. Ginny was just finished her 7th Year of Hogwarts, as had I. Her and Harry weren't engaged yet, but I have a feeling it'll be soon. I looked at everyone else. Mr and Mrs Weasley seemed happy, but the death of their son had taken it's toll. It had on all of us, but no one felt it like George. He was just forlornly staring at the grass. I was upset for him.

"May I speak to Ginny Weasley?" Draco asked. Harry quickly gave her a hug, then stared at Draco. Harry was very protective of Ginny, so the stare couldn't mean good things. Ginny walked after him.

"She can hold her own, Harry. She's unstoppable. Remember her hexing abilities?" I tried to put Harry's mind at ease.

"I know." he smiled.

"He's lying." Ron said suddenly.

"What?"

"At least, for part of it he is. He said that he heard about our engagement and he was happy for us. He was lying. He had to force the words out of his mouth."

At this I looked down awkwardly. I knew he used to like me, but I thought he was getting over it. Ron pulled me into a hug. I tried to seem happy and confused, but Harry gave me a look. He knew something was up. He always did.

He mouths: We need to talk. I grimace and see Ginny walking back.

"May I talk to everyone that I haven't talked to yet?" Draco was followed by a pack of red heads.

"He seemed genuine. But like Harry, I can't be sure." she bit her nails, something that she always did when she was confused.

"After he's done, what's going to happen?" I asked. There were some mutterings at this.

"Well, I think he'll be able to stay for lunch, but then, I don't know." Ginny replied. There were sounds of confirmation that followed.

After a few minutes, they all came back. Ginny whispered something in her mother's ear, probably the lunch thing.

"Do you want to stay for lunch?"

"Yes please, Mrs Weasley."

We all sat around the table, we had to squish up, but it was nice, like a home should be. Lunch was served buffet style and there were bowls of food flying everywhere. I turned to Draco, to see how he would be taking this. He was just smiling confusedly. I realised, he was very handsome when he smiled. I mentally chastised myself, I was engaged, I couldn't have these thoughts about other men.

Fwoosh I heard the sound of wings, then I saw a letter with my name in my lap. I laughed, I recognised the handwriting. The grey owl landed on my shoulder and nipped affectionately at my ear. I gave her a treat.

"Hey, Alaska." I knew she would stay around til I had a reply.

"Who's it from?" Draco asked.

"Blaise Zabini."