Arriving at the Burrow

A/N: 100 Reads!!!! Wow! I would like to thank you all for reading/voting. This is my first fanfic and my readers mean a lot to me. If any of you want to ask me anything about my story, feel free! Constructive criticism is appreciated and if anyone wants me to read their fanfic, ask. By the way, after this week I'm going on a holiday, so I won't be able to update, sorry. You guys are the best! Thank you!

(Disclaimer: I'm not JKR, blah blah blah)

Draco POV

I woke up and cracked my neck. The sofa bed seemed to be made for someone who was 5'2, so I had to try and curl my body in a suitable position to sleep. I looked at the clock in the kitchen to check the time, it was 6:30am. Normally I would be shocked to be awake this early, but I didn't want to be found sleeping. I used magic to put the sofa into a bed again, took a shower and changed clothes. Then, Mr Granger walked out.

"Something's not right about you."

"Excuse me?"

"The attitude change, too sudden. I can't link this 'new you' to the jerk you were." he looked me, dead in the eye. I panicked.

"I have no idea what you are talking about, sir?"

"Yes you do. You have an ulterior motive, I know it. I just don't know what it is yet."

"You're wrong."

"No, I don't think I am." Mr Granger was stone cold. He then put the kettle on and got a couple of cups ready. "We have to go to work, in an hour. I would make a big breakfast, but I don't have time. I need you to be out before I'm gone. 'Mione can stay, but not you."

"Yes sir."

"Coffee?" A freshly dressed Mrs Granger walked out.

"Of course." Mr Granger kissed her forehead.

"Any for you?" she asked.

"Yes please, black."

"So, black, black with a sugar and two whites." Mr Granger counted on his fingers. Soon the coffee was made and so was breakfast. Only then did Hermione come out, I was blown away. She was dressed casually, but I just, wow.

"Morning."

"Morning. Now that you're here, let's eat." Everyone started to eat.

"'Mione, we're going to come back to England."

"That's great!" she squealed.

"Yeah. We just need to finalise some things. Where are you off to next?" Mrs Granger asked. Hermione looked at me awkwardly.

"I said that as soon as I found both of you, I would go back to the Burrow, to Ron."

"That's great!" Mr Granger said.

"May I, come with you, Hermione?"

She was shocked by my request. "Um, uh, are you sure that's a good idea?"

"I wasn't just a jerk to you. I wasn't nice to the Weasleys or Potter either. If it's okay, I want to come with you, so I can apologise to them too."

"I guess so. But I don't think you'll be able to stay." she said uneasily. I realised, we weren't as close to being friends as I thought.

"See you, 'Mione." Her parents hugged her and we walked out the door.

"Side by side apparation?" I asked.

"Sure." she took my arm and we let the feeling of appartion wash over us.

I opened my eyes and took in the beauty of London. "I'm going to call Ginny, to tell her that we are coming." Hermione got out a thing, which I guess she was going to call Ginny Weasley, however that would happen.

"Gin? I found them." pause. "I know. I'm coming to the burrow." pause. "The reason is, well, Draco Malfoy wants to come." long pause. "I know, I know. he apologised Gin. He wants to do the same for you guys too." pause. "All of you and Harry." pause. "He's changed. He's different. He stayed with us for the night." pause. "I'm just checking it's okay, and warn you." pause. "So?" pause. "Okay, bye Ginny." she got off of the phone and turned to me. "She says you can come."

"Great. Are we apparating there?"

"Yeah. Grab my arm." I did as she said and for the second time that day, let the feeling of apparation wash over me.

We were there. I realised that the home that I had laughed at, belittled all of my life, was everything I said it was. But what was radiating from it, warmth, togetherness, was something I had never experienced before.

"HERMIONE!" I head cries of delight as she was engulfed by a mass of gingers, then one boy with dark hair.

She laughed. "It's good to see all of you too." she turned around to see her fiance. "RON!" she jumped into his arms and he twirled her around. I felt jealousy sweep over me, but I couldn't curse him, that wasn't part of the plan.

After introductions had been made, I slowly saw eyes start to creep towards me. I looked to Hermione. "Okay, Draco Malfoy has came here to apologise to all of you."

"May I talk to Harry Potter first?" this request earned some scowls, but the boy who lived obliged and we walked a bit away from the others.

"Yes?"