prologue.

Thalia's POV

It's all happening so fast. One second I'm starting high school, and the next I'm graduating high school. The fact that I'm expected to enter the real world is intensely affecting me. I feel like I'm not ready, like I haven't learned enough, if even at all. It is one of the most terrifying feelings I could possibly imagine, a mixture of excitement, fear, nausea, and nervousness, it's not a good combination. And to add to it all, I feel like I understand what is going to happen after, but at the same time I don't know for certain.

First, his brother is called up. I cheer and scream along with most of our graduating class, and then, my focus is drawn to him.

He walks up the stage and his name is called over the speaker. I jump up and scream as loud as I possibly can, along with over half of our class. For just a second, all my worries fade away as we yell for the Dolan twins, celebrating their success and of course, our own.

"That's my baby!" I scream as loud as I can. I feel so happy, yet so nervous, that this chapter of our lives is coming to a rapid end, and a new one is beginning to unfold in the blink of an eye.

Some students will be going into the workforce, others to college, and few to both. Some have newborns to take care of while others will be experiencing the luxuries of doing nothing at all.

But where in this equation do Grayson and I stand? At first, as I watch my beautiful boyfriend walk down the ramp and shake hands with our principal, I don't know. But the second he hits the stairs and looks at me with that dazzling smile he saves for me, I understand.

We won't be starting the same chapter.