chapter thirty-three.

Thalia's POV

I stare at Nate's sleeping frame and my heart fills with guilt as I realize what's happened in our once perfect relationship. We managed a wonderful relationship for almost 3 years. Our anniversary is in 3 days and where is my mind? On Grayson, of course.

Since the day he came over, my mind hasn't settled. It's been a full month of no sleep, no hunger, no happiness, nothing. Nothing but stress, that is. I've distanced myself from Nate, and even some from Theo, but I try not to. Nate's been having to take time off because I can't seem to even really take care of myself, much less Theo, and I feel like shit for it.

He deserves so much more, yet here I am, being the worst possible girlfriend ever by having my ex on my mind 24/7. To make matters worse, Lisa, Sean and even Ethan and Cameron have called and asked about Grayson.

"Hey, Thalia." Ethan sounded worried.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, my mind running to Grayson again.

"Grayson decided to get a hotel room and we were wondering if he's been visiting you, he said something happened between you two and seeing Theo all over the house was too much so he went to a hotel." Ethan babbled. My eyes widen.

"No, he hasn't... I'm sorry." I swallow the lump in my throat.. This is my fault.

"Well, maybe you should talk to him?" Ethan says hopefully, but it comes out as more of a desperate question.

"Uh... maybe... can..." I pause and bite my lip. "Can you write down the information and I'll pick it up in twenty minutes?"

"Yeah." I hang up and immediately rush to get ready.

"Nate, I'm going to the store, I'll be back." I don't give him time to answer and I leave.

That was three days ago. Now, it's 3:52 in the morning and I haven't slept. It's terrifying that my body rejects everything because I'm pregnant. Sometimes I forget, but whenever I remember, I'm terrified and guilty all over again.

The doctor says there's been no growth for the past 5 weeks, meaning I'm doomed to have a miscarriage.

I've been scared ever since. I've been waiting for the moment to actually happen, but I haven't told Nate. He'd blame me, and Grayson and it's going to be a terrible mess no matter what.

I sit up and go to the kitchen, letting Theo and Nate sleep as my thoughts consume me.

Grayson. Grayson. Grayson. It's all about Grayson.

And then its pain. I'm so deeply consumed by thoughts that I can't tell if it's real or not. If it's emotional or physical.

Then it gets worse, and it's familiar. Too familiar.

My heart sinks. I had been prepared for this, but at the same time I wasn't. But I can't dwell on it, I have to go.

It's time.