chapter ten.

Thalia's POV

After four years, this is the moment we've all been waiting for. Graduation. As my parents and I drive to the amphitheater the school rented, I can't help but realize I wouldn't have this any other way. Even though I'm young, and Grayson's young too, and we're already expecting, I do not regret a single second of anything I've done to get to this very moment.

Once we've parked and my parents have gone to find a seat, I rush to find Grayson and Ethan. My heart races as I search through the hundreds of graduates for the twins. For every second that I can't find them, I feel myself lose another couple ounces of confidence. Finally, just as I felt myself losing the last ounce, I spot them. Grayson looks absolutely stunning. His graduation gown is unzipped and reveals a fitted tuxedo while his hair seems messily swiped to the side.

"If it isn't the most beautiful graduate of all." Grayson grins as he wraps his arms around me. I feel my confidence come back as I wrap my arms around him.

"You look so good." I smile and bite my lip before pulling away.

"Can I see the dress?" He grins. Gray was the one who had gotten it for me when we went dress shopping. I nod and unzip the gown, showing him the pretty, lace dress. The dress was a grey dress that had lace accents from the bust up and was kind of loose from the bust down, helping lessen the bump.

"Wow... You look amazing." Grayson breathes out, genuine shock on his features. I blush and zip it back up.

"Thank you, my love. Shall we start to get in our lines?" He nods and we hang out near our assigned lines until they have us get in order of how we'll be presented. Once we're in order, we start to go take our seats and I'm in between one of the snobbiest cheerleaders and one of the nicest, but quietest girls I've come to know.

We go through the speeches of the principal, important student figures and all that stuff at the normal pace. Then, since I'm too busy daydreaming, the names start to fly by. Then I hear Grayson and Ethan loudly talking about their nerves and I tune back in. Their row is beginning to walk towards the stage.

Then it hits me.

It's all happening so fast. One second I'm starting high school, and the next I'm graduating high school. The fact that I'm expected to enter the real world is intensely affecting me. I feel like I'm not ready, like I haven't learned enough, if even at all. It is one of the most terrifying feelings I could possibly imagine, a mixture of excitement, fear, nausea, and nervousness, it's not a good combination. And to add to it all, I feel like I understand what is going to happen after, but at the same time I don't know for certain.

First, his brother is called up. I cheer and scream along with most of our graduating class, and then, my focus is drawn to him.

He walks up the stage and his name is called over the speaker. I jump up and scream as loud as I possibly can, along with over half of our class. For just a second, all my worries fade away as we yell for the Dolan twins, celebrating their success and of course, our own.

"That's my baby!" I scream as loud as I can. I feel so happy, yet so nervous, that this chapter of our lives is coming to a rapid end, and a new one is beginning to unfold in the blink of an eye.

Some students will be going into the workforce, others to college, and few to both. Some have newborns to take care of while others will be experiencing the luxuries of doing nothing at all.

But where in this equation do Grayson and I stand? At first, as I watch my beautiful boyfriend walk down the ramp and shake hands with our principal, I don't know. But the second he hits the stairs and looks at me with that dazzling smile he saves for me, I understand.

We won't be starting the same chapter.

My mind swirls as they take their seats again and I'm pulled into all the scenarios that could actually take place after graduation. He could leave me, I could lose the baby, we could fail epically at life and be shitty parents. 

There's too much time to think and then none at all. It's my row's turn to walk up. As soon as I stand I'm hit with a dizzy spell but I fight through it. I continue to walk and time seems to speed up, and then it's my turn to walk.

"Thalia Lydia Garrett." The speaker says. Immediately, I get so nervous I start to see black spots, but Grayson and Ethan's proud screams help me get through it.

"That's my future wife!" Grayson yells, and cheers. Ethan lets out a loud whistle before yelling.

"That's my best friend!" I smile softly as I shake hands with someone who hands me my diploma. I can hear my family and a lot of friends too, but the only one that clearly stuck out was Grayson's. 

"Thalia! Baby girl!" He yells and I'm certain his throat will be raw tomorrow.

By the time I shake hands with my principal, all of the food I consumed before coming is threatening to come up, so the second I exit the stage I run to the restrooms, not caring about security, they're not worth embarrassing myself further than I already have this school year.

The second I hunch over, I let all the contents spill out and I can hear loud thuds and a small commotion outside. Then I hear the steps enter the restroom and slightly accelerated breathing. I can immediately tell it's Grayson.

"Baby?" He calls out, walking into the open stall just as I flush. "You okay? What happened?"

I walk over to the sink and rinse my mouth out as best as I can, hoping to get the taste of bile out of it.

"Baby...?" He asks again, setting his hand on my lower back. "You okay?"

I sigh and nod, finally turning to look at him and I smile softly at his rosy cheeks and concerned look.

"Yes, my love. I think I just ate too much and also was overwhelmed with the amount of people." He sighs and kisses my forehead.

"You sure it isn't a stomach bug?" He bites his lip. I giggle softly.

"You would definitely know if it was a stomach bug. Now let's get out of the women's restroom before they get us in trouble." I start to lead him out and a security guard is standing there with her arms crossed, looking unamused.

"We may be a little late for that." Grayson whispers, causing me to giggle, which definitely isn't going to help our case.