chapter eight.

Thalia's POV

It's finally the day of Grayson's surprise party, and I can't help but be just a little giddy and nervous. It's my job to keep Grayson distracted until 3 pm while everyone sets up for the party at his house. So here I am, sitting with him at our favorite cafe, racking my brain for another distraction. 

"After this, do you wanna watch a movie?" I smile. Grayson grins and nods, finishing a bite of his club sandwich.

"Sounds great," He sips his iced coffee, which I personally hate him having because it only doubles his already insane amount of energy. I smile and take another bite of my chicken salad as he continues to devour his sandwich.

Once we both finish eating, we start to walk back to the car and I'm hit with a dizzy spell which causes me to grip Grayson's arm and wobble. He's immediately sent into a concerned freak out.

"Woah, baby! Are you okay?" He grabs my waist and arm to steady me. My world continues to spin as I groan, holding my head.

"Dizzy," I mutter and lean into him. He panics and leads me to a nearby bench.

"What do I do?!" He asks, but the dizzy spell is over by then.

"I'm fine now," I sigh and rub my temples, willing my newfound headache away. He looks me over and then feels my forehead.

"You sure? We can go home if you'd like, back to my place." His brows furrow in concern as his eyes dart all over my face.

I shake my head and stand up, grabbing his hand softly. "No, I wanna watch the movie with you." I smile, trying not to sound too aggressive or suspicious.

He sighs but smiles softly. "Fine, but the second that you get dizzy again, I'm taking you home and making you chicken soup." He stands up and begins to walk to the car again. I nod as we start to head towards the movie theater. 

Although his offer is sweet, I haven't been reacting well to chicken lately. It gives me crazy heartburn which eventually evolves to vomiting.

While watching the movie, I end up falling asleep, curled up into Gray. I slept through the whole movie and was woken up by Grayson. He chuckled and lead me back outside, stating the movie was good. I checked his watch and saw it was already 2:51 pm. I had to get him back home for the party.

"Let's go back to your place, I forgot to give your mom something." I smile. He nods and starts the car without question. 

"Mom loves you so much," He chuckles, "She prefers you over me and E." he smiles over at me. I blush.

"No, she just enjoys my company. But she adores you both although you're both annoying." I tease with a giggle. We continue to playfully argue over who Lisa loves more and we come to the conclusion that she loves all of us EQUALLY, even though I know she (obviously) loves both her sons more.

Finally, we park in front of his house and we start to make our way towards the door, and I'm staying an arms length away, in case Gray freaks out and swings his arms. Gotta protect our secret child. I bite my lip and stop him before he opens the door.

"Let me walk in first babe." I rush in front and then open the door and lead him inside. 

"Mom! I'm h-"

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yells and Grayson and I jolt, his arm swinging out slightly, just as I had expected. Grayson looks around, taking in all the decorations, including his name on the wall, and blushes as he laughs.

"It isn't even my birthday, guys."

The surprise was a success and the party was going well, but I was too busy sleepily eating a cupcake with hot sauce to be involved in some of the things they were doing. Just as I added some more hot sauce to the cupcake, Lisa walked over and smiled.

"Can we talk, darling?" She eyes the cupcake. I blush and nod as her nose twitches and then scrunches up slightly.

"Yeah, whats up?" I finish the last bit of the cupcake and grab a napkin to wipe my hands and mouth.

"In private, please. Follow me to the front, yeah?" She smiles sweetly and I feel my initial nervousness lessen. I nod and follow her, through a small crowd of Grayson and Ethan's friends. Gray gives me a confused look and I make a motion of 'later'. Once she closes the front door behind us, we're the only ones on the porch or on this side of the house.

"So, Lia, I can't help but notice some things..." She starts, clasping her hands together, immediately concerning me.

"Like what?" I ask, sitting on the porch swing to ease the pressure on my feet.

"Darling... You're pregnant aren't you?" She bites her lip. I choke on my spit in surprise and then I stare at her in shock and look around.

"Don't tell anyone... Please." I plead. She nods and sighs.

"I suspected it. When are you planning on telling Grayson?"

"I don't know, maybe I shouldn't... He won't want to go to college and we both know how important that is." 

"That's true... We'll figure out when to tell him, for now, just keep yourself healthy. I'll be helping you whenever you need." Lisa smiles and pulls me into a hug. "Trust me, you'll be needing it."