1: The Start of My New Life

authors note: this story is uncompleted & messy

1: The Start of My New Life

2nd week, Monday

--- (Name)'s POV ---

"Baka! you kept me waiting, again?! I'm not your personal alarm clock you know!" Osano pestered at me as soon as I walked around the corner. I sighed inwardly before apologizing.

"S-Sorry Osano, my brother was being a pain..." I mumbled as we both started the way to our school, Akademi High. He sighed and looked away with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"S-So what did your brother do this time?" He asked after a few seconds of silence. I told him how my little brother, Leo, had stolen my clothes and locked me out of my room. "He fools you so easily because you're an idiot!"

"And I can slap you in the face because you're annoying!" I retorted before thinking. Osano looked slightly hurt, but kept his usual personality. I felt slightly better after that, relieved maybe.

Soon we both arrived at the building. We walked side by side through the front path, which was surrounded by cherry blossom trees. The delicate petals littered the ground around us and would usually land on us. I swept away a petal on my shoulder.

It fluttered silently to the ground.

The school I attended was a private school that was hard to get into. Me and Osano had both decided to attend this school after we were suspended from the last one. What both surprised us is that we actually got accepted into the school.

I have to say that this is a really nice school. There's no bullying, excluding the delinquents near the furnace, and there was a good education system. The staff seems slightly cold to us, but they weren't bad overall.

Many different kinds of students attended this school. Some were outgoing and loud, while others were shy and quiet. I was in the shy and quiet category, so was Osano. Though we were both the clowns of the class, we both couldn't find our voices when talking to new people.

Although lately he's been really outgoing, yet had a huge change in his personality. He now calls me names, which is something he never did before. I've always wondered why he had changed suddenly. If it was bullying, I'm gonna kick someone's ass.

We both stopped under a tree to relax and talk to one another for a moment.

"Why are you always late?! I know your brother is a pain, but you still take a long time!" Osano yelled at me while throwing his hands around dramatically. I tried to smile.

"I'm sorry. I do have to walk 1 mile from my house t-"

"I don't want to hear your excuses! Just don't be late tomorrow morning! You better not keep me waiting again!" Osano interrupted me. I huffed impatiently before answering.

"Don't worry, I won't be. I promise!" He's nodded his head in satisfaction before continuing.

"Anyways, meet me on the school rooftop today at lunch." I was somewhat surprised at the offer. We are lunch together sometimes, but it wasn't all that common anymore.

"What? Why?"

"Stop being a pain! Just be there, and don't keep me waiting like you always do!" Osano turned around, ready to leave. When I suddenly remembered something, and I quickly tapped his shoulder. He turned around with a curious look.

I dug around in my bag for a moment before showing him a phone charm in the shape of a cat. I held it out for him to take, he stared at me in surprise. Unknowingly he tilted his head to the right slightly, like he always does.